Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, February 6, 2012

A morning in my shoes…mud, social blunders and lots of laughter!

This past week, I watched another little boy in addition to my own. It really wasn't a big deal, as he was very well behaved and played well with the other boys. However, it has been unseasonably warm here, which means...lots of mud outside! The boys were begging to go outside, and I finally agreed. I knew that they would probably come back with muddy boots, but I wasn't anticipating them to be filthy! I sent them outside, but I forgot to tell them to stay away from the sump pump runoff...and we ended up with four very muddy boys. Thankfully, it was mostly on their faces and outside clothes, so the underneath clothes were still wearable.


Garett had school that morning, so I went to pick him up at about 11:30. I then needed to run to the grocery store to pick up a few fresh fruits and vegetables that were on sale. I realize that we probably looked like a little much with having boys everywhere! Travis was in the seat of the cart, Wyatt was in the basket, and the others were close by my side. I trekked into the store and while we were waiting at the deli counter for an item, we encountered a very interesting person. A man came out of one of the aisles close by (he was probably about 35-40) and upon taking one look, immediately announced, "Good grief! Please tell me that these aren't all YOUR kids!" (Very loudly, too!) I replied, "No, one I am watching for a friend.". He then chuckles and says, "WOW! Can we say "rabbit"?" !! WHAT!!! I had no idea what to say to that, so I just told him to have a good day and moved on. Really??? To be honest, I got a good laugh out of the whole situation, but I was definitely at a loss as to what to say! After we paid for the groceries, and got everyone back in the car, Chandler asked, "Mom, why was that guy talking about bunnies?" I just laughed and replied, "I have no idea!" I'm sure that I have met people who have thought that, but this was the first time I'd had ever had anyone tell that to my face. I still laugh when I think about it and it was an interesting memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment