Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I run...I walk...I waddle!


 
Tomorrow marks the 38th week of being pregnant, and I’ll admit that I’m ready to be done! The latest of my babies so far came at 38 weeks and 3 days, so it’s looking like this one will take the cake for the latest baby!

My children are growing impatient and asking every day if the baby is coming out soon. I usually reply, “I don’t know.” Garett told me the other day “Mom, maybe it’s a girl baby and she can’t find her way out!” I was like, “WHAT?” But I think in his mind, he was thinking that we only have boys and they’ve all managed to find their way out, so maybe it’s a girl baby! J WOW! The way kids think amazes me…and amuses me! J

Several people have mentioned to me that sometimes walking will help you go into labor. I was complaining to Roger that I was a little tired of hearing that so he challenged me to add up all the miles I’ve accumulated since becoming pregnant. I really only have a record since February because we weren’t able to record miles in Alaska. But since returning back to the lower 48 states in February, I’ve accumulated over 400 miles of running, walking, aerobics , or biking miles…needless to say, I don’t think I’m going to put myself in labor by walking! J

I did decide to give up running at week 33 ½ simply because I was giving myself contractions and didn’t want to go into labor. I’ve continued to walk, averaging about 15 miles a week, and now I’m into waddling! J My pace has slowed down, my bladder is getting stepped on, and my endurance is lower, so I’m hoping baby decides to come soon! J

This pregnancy has been different from the others in the fact that, well, it’s been almost three years since the last baby! J Secondly, I’ve worked harder at exercising, not that it seems to have helped the scale much! L Thirdly, the boys are all older now, so I have daily inquires about my belly, the baby, and WHEN! J

We are so looking forward to meeting this little one, and we praise God for the blessing of new life. I’m overwhelmed with the challenges of facing a first-grader, a kindergartner, two preschoolers, and an infant, but I’m confident that God will give grace for every moment. It’s getting hard to be patient, but I do love soaking up the memories of the four boys knowing that these moments are passing by all too quickly! So, I covet your prayers for a safe delivery, a healthy baby, and a quick adjustment to a family of seven…wow! J

37 weeks and 2 days

2 comments:

  1. The floors.....?
    Smile :)
    Praying for all~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, dear friend! Thinking of and praying for you often.

    ReplyDelete