Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Welcome to 2015

This year is going to bring lots of changes for our family, and we certainly don't know the extent of them! For one, Roger has been working on getting his instrument rating and that test is scheduled for Thursday! We would greatly appreciate your prayers for this test, and for Roger to have peace of mind and confidence. Please pray that I can encourage him and that Roger will do well. This is a big prayer request for us. Once this test is behind us, we will begin to apply for jobs while Roger works on his commercial rating. (I'll be so glad to get all this behind us!) 

Thursday, January 8, 2014
We've been so busy getting back into the school routine, fighting colds, and the extremely cold weather, that I haven't even had a moment to write on the blog! However, Roger was unable to take his test today due to the blowing snow and limited visibility. He rescheduled it for Monday, so now you have more time to pray! :) 

It's been a challenge to get back into our school routine, but we are almost to lesson 100!! The boys have been working hard and it looks like we will get to have a few field trip days this next semester. :) (Field trip days are for the moms!) :) 

We enjoyed dinner with a couple from our church on Monday night, played family games and ate leftovers on Tuesday, had dinner at church with several families before church on Wednesday, and played in the snow and inside on Thursday. The boys have still been going outside ever day even with the wind chill at -20 degrees. I'm so thrilled that they can all get themselves dressed warm enough, come in when they're cold, and love to be outside! :) Both Chandler and Garett have commented this week that "this is like Alaska weather, Mom". :) 

Roger has spent a lot of time studying this week, and I know he wanted to get this test behind him...me too! But God had another plan, so Monday is the big day. Once this test is behind us, we will be able to figure out how Roger's going to get his commercial license done. This is all taking so much longer than we originally anticipated, but it has helped me in one area in particular. When Roger first started his training, I wanted to stay in Wisconsin near our family and friends. Now, I'm ready to move wherever God wants us to go and where a job is for Roger. Although I still wouldn't mind if God allowed us to stay here, I'm willing (I think) for wherever we end up. 

                         


We've been able to spend quite a bit of time playing games with the children this week. Since the weather has been unusually cold, they've needed a few more things to help them occupy their time. I'm not the greatest at craft time...usually it becomes a big mess! (Roger is much better in the craft department.) I found the boys a game called "Bible Sequence". It's very similar to the game "sequence", but the pictures and cards are all based on Bible stories. What amazes me is how much more fun it is to play games with the boys than it was a few years ago! :) The boys can actually grasp the game and are pretty good at playing it. Emma is NOT a good game player, and she makes a mess in a hurry!

Usually my funny moments come from my children, but this week I've been the one providing the laughter for my children! I haven't been feeling good, and I've made a lot of unthought decisions this week. Just to give a few examples, I made myself a cup of coffee in the Keurig...except I forgot to put the cup under the spout! I opened a cupboard door and then turned to help someone. As I turned back around, I ran my head right into the corner of the cupboard door! I still have a bump on my head! I emptied out my purse looking for a gift certificate that I knew I had in there. After several frustrating moments, Roger said, "You already used that the last time we went there." Yes, it's been a long week! 

Although Garett had a fun moment this week, so I'll have to write it down. :) The boys were watching a documentary on alligators on my iPad. After about twenty minutes, they left and went downstairs to practice being the alligators. I asked Garett to please bring my iPad to me. (The iPad was still playing the documentary on the living room floor.) After several minutes of searching around the room, and in the dining room, he asks me, "where is it, mom?" I couldn't help it...I laughed. :) (Sometimes it's the obvious things that might bite you!) 

We are one week into January, and although I've been working on my goals and resolutions I haven't posted them. However, last week I did get together with two of my good friends, and we set goals and resolutions for the new year. Accountability is a good thing! I've been working at keeping up with my goals, since I know that my friends are going to ask me how I'm doing. :) 

So, have you written out your goals for 2015? 

No comments:

Post a Comment