Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Delays and Delights!

As much as we desire for our lives to be smooth and orderly, we probably wouldn't depend as much on Christ if they were that way! Roger called the company he will be working for in Maine this week, and discovered that he will be delayed by about four weeks. The man who will be doing Roger's training is unable to do it until the first week in March. His wife fell unexpectedly ill, so that will postpone Roger's departure date. Although Roger is disappointed in this news, it doesn't catch God by surprise. We know that He is the one controlling our lives, and this is all a part of His master plan. That's not to say we  aren't a little disappointed in this change in our timeline of our lives. But the awesome part is that Roger has a job, we do have a place to stay, we have a good church, and it's gives us a little more time to enjoy our Wisconsin relationships...although my parents are probably looking forward to some peace and quiet! (I kind of doubt my mom will miss the nerf  guns, loud farm imitation sounds, and lots of other dirt and noise!) 

My parents are leaving on Wednesday for their trip. My dad is taking a two week missions trip to Haiti, and my mom will be visiting family in North Carolina. I know my dad is looking forward to this trip, and we are praying for safety and the furtherance of God's Kingdom. However, it also provides a great opportunity for us to be our individual families for a little while again. Our family is looking forward to this time with just our family, and I'm sure my parents are looking forward to leaving the craziness for a while! It really doesn't seem overly loud or crazy to me (most of the time) but since these kids are my monkeys in my zoo :), I do my best to take good care of them.

Roger has been working a little bit of overtime at his job, and I know that we will look back at these months and see God's hand in it all. We are still uncertain of housing, moving our stuff, and all the logistics of getting our whole family to Maine. But since we are taking everything one day at a time, we just continue to do what is right in front of us to do. 

We are back into the swing of school, and we are hard at work. I've been trying to double up on some lessons as I know that a move is in our future. Since I don't know exactly when that will be, I don't want to be behind in school. My mom has been a huge help in schooling the boys, and I don't take that for granted. I know I will miss that aspect terribly when we move away. 

My parents both were not feeling well this week, so it was a bit of a struggle with having five young children in the house. We ended up going over to a friends house on Thursday as we wanted to give my parents some extra time to rest. So we texted several friends to see if we could come over for a few hours, and Phil and Autumn graciously said we could come there. So Roger and I picked up pizza and came over! It was a good reprieve for us as the kids had friends to play with and they got to play a new game "Pie in the Face"! They had such a good time, and I'm thankful for friends that are willing to have us over on short notice. 

Tomorrow is a fresh start to a new week. I'm looking forward to being in God's Word, seeing Him at work in our lives, and the adventures of a new week! 
God bless,
Sarah 

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment