Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, August 11, 2016

A BIG Blessing and a Birthday!


               
                                            Lobster Festival!! 




The big, big blessing and praise is at the bottom of the page, so be sure to read that part! 
 

This is a link to photos from the Lobster Festival: 

Since August has begun, we've celebrated Emma's third birthday, met with Wyatt's teacher, and participated in our first ever Lobster Festival! 

It's hard to believe that Emma has turned three! She's fully potty trained, even at night, knows most of her alphabet, and is becoming fiercely independent! She's keeps her brothers busy as she has figured out how to open drawers, closets, boxes, and other things that the boys use to store their treasures in. Emma's favorite color is pink, she doesn't like being dirty or wet, and her brothers are her best friends and worst enemies. It was a quiet birthday, as Hannah and Josh were working. They are coming down later in the month for a family celebration. Emma was happy with her birthday present of a pink back pack from Nana and Papa, a new toothbrush set and clothes from aunt Jen, and five dollars from Grandpa and Grandma. Emma celebrated her second birthday in Arizona, and she had her third birthday in Maine! 

                           Happy Birthday Emma!! 


We also met with Wyatt's teachers this week. She also gave Travis a kindergarten screening test. She has been teaching for many years, and I can tell that she is comfortable around children. Travis did not excel at the screening test as I thought he would. He's had half a year of kindergarten, but he apparently forgot all he learned! Oh well, he did pass and he is ready for kindergarten. As inconvenient as it might be to drive back and pick him up from half-day kindergarten, I'm looking forward to having him home in the afternoon. Wyatt also did a bit of screening and he is a little behind where he should be for second grade. It's hard to know though how much of that is actually behind, and how much of that is ten weeks of summer break! I am reviewing with him over the next several weeks though, just to try to help him along. Wyatt seems to like his teacher, and I think she will be a good teacher for him. We are two and one-half weeks out from starting a big change in our lives. Our children are excited, and I am looking forward to seeing how God uses this experience in their lives. 

The Lobster Festival was this past weekend. It was all things Lobster!! It's a five day festival that is held at a local town near here, it costs money to go on Wednesday through Saturday. Sunday is reserved for family fun day, and it is free. There was a big parade on Saturday that was free as well, and the kids received enough candy for a year! The parade was one and one-half hours long, with various bands, lobster floats, candy throwers, fire trucks, and did I mention lobster floats?! Oh, and also a float for hosting the woman who earned the title "Maine's fastest knitter" at the festival on Wednesday. Roger was working, so I took the kids to the parade. Roger has been working a lot, and I find myself praying for rain just so that he will get to come home early! I had a good time with our kids though, and it was a good introduction to something that occurs every year in the first week of August around here. 

On Sunday, the festival offers a kids fun run, a 5k race, and a 10k race. Garett and Chandler both wanted to participate in the kids fun run, and I decided to run the 10k. My policy with race events on Sunday has always been that I have to be done in time for church. The race started fairly early in the morning, and I finished before church! It was a good reminder that I can push my body harder, and it was a good reminder on Monday that I'm not 23 years old any more!! 😚

We spent the afternoon at the festival, watching the lobster crate races, the family events, and eating unhealthy food. It was a good time as a family, and the boys have decided that they would like to participate in a few other events next year. I am thankful that Roger had off so that we could enjoy the day together. 

And, I've found someone to come to our house for supper! We ran into the Pastor and his wife of one of the churches that we visited at Walmart, and I invited them to supper. We are having dinner with them on Tuesday evening. I'm looking forward to having dinner and fellowship with them. God is good. 

Rogers brother, Nate, is coming to visit for a few days. I know that Roger is looking forward to having his brother around, and I'm thankful that the Lord worked it out for him to come. 

Now...for a really big blessing!!! Did I mention that God is good?! So, the director of the school board sent me an e-mail this morning. She mentioned that someone had sent in a check to cover the boys registration fees of $225.00 each, and enough extra to cover almost two months of tuition! How awesome is that?! I have been praying for God to show himself strong in this school decision, and He is doing exactly that. While I cried tears of joy, I was rejoicing that God continues to show himself strong. I don't know who sent in the money, but it was used to bless my heart more than words can express. 

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Ephesians 3: 20-21


No comments:

Post a Comment