Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, October 29, 2017

October Conclusions

Our new week got off to a bit of a crazy start. I normally get up about 5:15 am., so that I can read my Bible, gather my thoughts, and drink a cup of coffee before the house wakes up. However, I must have been tired this Monday morning as I opened my eyes to see the clock say 6:30! I flew out of bed then! When I came downstairs, all the boys were already up and Chandler announced to me, “ I was wondering if you were going to get up today!” So, it made for a bit of a rushed morning as I teach music on Monday mornings, Emma has school, the boys have afternoon soccer practice, and everything else that happens in the morning. We still arrived plenty early for school as the boys like to play outside for a few minutes before school starts. I didn’t take time to make a cup of coffee, but after I dropped the boys off, I decided to swing by McDonald’s for a cup of coffee. I was very disappointed in my cup of coffee. I don’t drink my coffee very sweet, and they accidentally put lots of sugar in it! Oh well, I didn’t have time to get it made right, and it was time to get ready for my first music class. It made for a bit of a long morning as I really enjoy a morning cup of coffee, but we made it!
Blueberries and Milk! 


I help with lunch duty on Mondays, and Travis told me at lunch time that his head was hurting. I asked if it was from music class and playing the bells. He said no and that his head had started hurting after he ate cucumbers at lunchtime. I thought that was odd as he eats cucumbers often, but he did seem tired. Oh well. He didn’t ask for any medicine and he didn’t ask for me to take him home. After lunch duty, I went to run a few errands. We stopped by Rogers work for a few minutes, and then we headed to Walmart. I had just walked in the door when my phone rang. The school was calling me to say that Travis had thrown up and he was waitng for me to pick him up. Poor Travis. I picked him up from school about 2:15, but I wasn’t sure what to do about the other boys having soccer practice. Thankfully Allison came to my rescue and agreed to take the boys after soccer  practice. They live near the airport so roger could pick them up after work. I should’ve just taken Wyatt when I picked up Travis, but Wyatt has been working hard on perfect attendance. I went and got Travis some sprite, and then came back to school to get Wyatt. Travis acted like he had never even been sick! He said his stomach felt much better. Well, it was short lived! Once we arrived home Travis took  a three hour nap on the couch. When he woke up, the other boys were eating supper. Travis said he felt much better, ate a big bowl of supper, and seemed to be as happy as a clam. He also ate a big bowl of cereal before bed, so I’m thinking that perhaps he just caught a short -lived bug, or maybe it was those cucumbers!

Tuesday was one of Rogers days off from work. Emma was still sleeping when it was time to take the boys to school, so Roger stayed home with her. I decided to send Travis to school today as he was bouncing off the walls and ready to go...perhaps it was just something he ate? I also don’t like to see this particular son miss school as it is so difficult for him already. And today was “color day” in his class. The students were to wear their favorite color and to bring a snack in that color. Travis picked blueberries as his snack. He does enjoy those! One of the men that Roger flies has a blueberry farm and has graciously given us about twenty pounds of blueberries. The boys have been eating them daily!


When I returned home from dropping off the boys, Emma was awake. She seemed a little flushed and not her normal happy self, so we spent a good part of the day reading books and cuddling on the couch. I know I’m going to miss these days, and I already look back on pictures from when the boys were little and think “ where did time go?!”. Tuesday was just a low key day for everyone. It started  raining on Tuesday afternoon, and the rain continued into Wednesday. Emma was supposed to have a field trip on Wednesday morning, but since the field trip was to an alpaca farm, it was canceled. The rescheduled date is for Friday morning, which means that I won’t be able to go with her. However, there will be more events to do with her class. I spent the morning running errands and picking up groceries for hot lunch. The boys were invited to go over to a classmates house after school. Today was an early release day, so everyone was done with school at 11:30. I took the boys over to their friends house. I did feel a little bit bad about dropping off four boys to play with Josiah as it was a rainy day! Annah didn’t seem too bothered by it, and the boys were delighted to play st someone else house. They had a good time and Emma and I were able to get all the blueberry muffins made for hot lunch. Roger was home a bit earlier due to the rain, and Annah brought the boys home a little after five. The boys enjoyed telling us about the fun time they had at Josiah’s house, and it was fun to listen to their excitement.

Thursday....still raining! Today was the other day that roger had off this week, but I had a short meeting in the morning. I took the boys to school and attended the meeting. The parent group is working on planning a fundraising auction in November, and this is a big project! We have secured several great donations but if anyone reading this has anything amazing they’d like to give, we could still use some items. This is our biggest fundraiser as the parent group and the funds go to support field trips, hot lunch, teacher and staff gifts, and many other projects for student enrichment. Roger’s boss graciously donated two certificates for scenic flights, and we have been asking other area businesses also. It’s a big undertaking and I’ll be thankful when it’s behind us. Know why? Because three weeks after the auction is the Christmas program!!

After the meeting, Roger, Emma and I took a quick trip to Augusta. The school needed some things from Sam’s Club, and I needed some of the paper products for hot lunch on Friday. We found everything we needed at Sam’s club, and also went to a craft store down there. As a room parent for the fourth and fifth grade, I needed to get some things for the project that the class is making for the auction. I love how God just directs our steps! I was able to find some of the items that I needed for 75% off! I’m excited about this project, and I’m looking forward to seeing it come together. I will post a few pictures when we are done with the project. We made it back in time to pick up the boys from school, and it was a productive and busy day!

Friday....I have a love/hate relationship with this day. I love the fact that I get to play the piano for chapel, I enjoyed the Ladies Bible study, I am happy to help plan and execute hot lunch, I’m thrilled that the boys are taking piano lessons; but I don’t like how tired I am by Friday afternoon! Oh well! Emma had her field trip today as the weather was beautiful. I actually squeezed in a really quick run after chapel and before the ladies Bible study. I didn’t see anywhere else in the day where I could fit it in, so I took advantage of twenty minutes and did two miles. I was a little hot for Bible study, but oh well. Hot lunch today was Blueberry muffins, bagels, sausage, fruit, hash brown casserole, and yogurt. I think breakfast is one of the favorite lunches for the kids. I’m thankful for the ladies who come to help serve, clean up, and help everything move along smoothly.

After hot lunch, Emma and I went with another mom and her child to see about asking area donations for our auction fundraiser. We successfully managed to acquire absolutely nothing! That was a bit disappointing, but we will keep trying at other businesses.

Two of the boys had piano lessons after school, and then we went to the dollar store to get the stuff to make slime. Some of the kids classmates have been making slime, and the boys have been asking to try to make it. We weren’t very successful at making it, so I guess we will have to have Emma and Naomi over to show us how to make it. We did succeed at making a huge mess and creating a disaster. It took a bit to clean it up, but then we had popcorn and watched a movie together. Roger was home late,  but by the time he arrived home we had the mess cleaned up!

We had a church dinner today after the morning service, so I made several dishes in preparation for that. Our church recently started a woman’s Bible class, and I’ve really been enjoying the lessons in the class. Roger was back in church with us this morning, so it was nice for us to all be together. Roger has worked every Sunday in October, and this week he started helping out in one of the kids Sunday school classes. There wasn’t any one listed in the bulletin as leading in Childrens church this morning, so when Pastor announced that the kids could be dismissed, I didn’t notice any adult get up to follow them out. I grabbed my Bible and told Roger I was going to check on Childrens church. When I arrived in the Childrens church room, I spotted seven eager faces staring back at me. Well, I certainly wasn’t going to announce that I wasn’t prepared or had no idea what to teach! Instead I said a quick prayer for God’s direction and stepped up to greet them. God brought part of the Sunday School lesson to my mind and we discussed “fear”. Imagine the many people in the Bible that might have been fearful...David, Daniel, Jonah, Joseph, and the kids listed many more! We discussed how fear can be controlling, but God is bigger. We need to trust God in whatever circumstances we are in, and rejoice in the fact that God is for us! God gave me the verse from the Sunday School lesson to give to the children. Psalm 56:9 “When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back; this I know; for God is for me.” How awesome is that! God is for us! So I really have no idea if the children learned anything or not, but I’m thankful that God brought Scripture to mind and clarity of thought. I am so blessed!

We are looking forward to the start of a new week, and I’m excited to see how God can use us this week,  aren’t you?
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment