Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Marching Towards April!

Can you believe it? April is almost here...and hopefully warmer weather, lots of sunshine, and no more snow!! We are looking forward to celebrating Resurrection Sunday this coming Sunday with a sunrise service, breakfast at church, worship service,  and lunch together with some friends. I hope that you take a few moments to rejoice in the fact that we serve a Risen Savior!

We had a three day conference last weekend with a guy from “Friends of Israel”. He spoke on several interesting topics including end time events, the explanation of the Sedar Dinner, and why we can rejoice in the Lord. I’m glad that we had the opportunity to attend, and I was able to play the piano for one of the services, so that was a special blessing to me.

Another blessing that I want to share is that we were given a treadmill a few weeks ago! God directly answered my prayer without me even discussing it with anyone other than Roger. Just a few days before I had sent Roger a text saying that I would enjoy having a treadmill as it’s hard to get in a run outside with having Emma at home, Roger working later in the evenings, and just time constraints. Then on Saturday a friend sent me a text saying that she was moving and did I want her treadmill? Yes! She mentioned that it doesn’t track mileage anymore, but it was still a good treadmill. Roger had off that Saturday, so we were able to go pick it up that day. God is so good to me! I’ve been back to running more faithfully, which is something I enjoy, and I can still run on days that Roger is working. We did have a small hiccup as the track must have gotten torn or something as we moved it, but for $84.00 (cost of track replacement) I have a treadmill that works. I am so thankful!

Also this week, we had people in our home on three different occasions. That’s a lot, even for us, but  it’s the way it worked out. We were certainly blessed by each person we had over to share a meal. On Monday, one of Roger’s pilot friends came over for supper. The boys had a great time discussing fishing and moose in the state of Maine. Then on Thursday we had a couple over from church. It was  also Rogers birthday, but he didn’t mind having company. We enjoyed our time with Robin and Glenn, and it was good to get to know them better. On Sunday, we celebrated Palm Sunday, and then enjoyed lunch with Roger’s boss and his wife, Terri. We are so blessed in the fact that Rogers employer is also our friend. They were excited to hear about my trip to Haiti, so it was good to connect and share with them. It is always some extra effort to have people over in our home, but I don’t ever regret it. I’m thankful for the opportunities to interact with both people from church and also people from the area.

Roger had a birthday this week, and it was the highlight for the kids week! They had bought Roger a birthday present that they couldn’t wait for him to get out! Several months ago we had found a drone and remote control car that were on the clearance rack. The boys thought that this was something that everyone would like (except mom and Emma, of course), and we bought it. While I doubt it’s what Roger would’ve picked out on his own, it has certainly been fun for them all as they race them and laugh together. Sometimes it’s the simple things that are the most enjoyable. Roger and I are hoping to get away for a date on Thursday, with Emma, to celebrate his birthday,  while the boys are in school. It’s been awhile since we’ve been able to get away, so I’m looking forward to spending the day with him...and Emma.

A few weeks ago, Travis won a gift card to McDonald’s for bringing in the most box tops for the School. He was very excited about that, and he won by a lot as he brought in 209 box tops. His brother, Chandler, was upset with him because as he told Travis, “If you had brought in a few less, and given me a few of those box tops then we could’ve gotten the first and second place prize!” Chandler likes to win, and Travis is clearly oblivious to strategy! :) It’s good to lose once in a while, and it certainly made Travis’ day!

We’ve struggled a bit with sickness at our house, as Garett has an ear infection. He started not feeling well on Friday after the conference meeting at church. I know he wasn’t feeling well because he asked to go home instead of staying for the pie afterwards! And he kinda laid around most of Saturday  and didn’t eat much, which is definitely not like Garett! On Monday, yesterday, he said his ears were hurting. I was able to get him an appointment at the pediatrics office, but not until 7:30pm. Thankfully, Roger was home so I just took Garett to the appointment. Sure enough, he has an ear infection! We had to go over to the hospital pharmacy to get the prescription as   that was the only one still open. When it was our turn to get the medicine, the pharmacist told me that I had to be eighteen to sign for the medicine...um, that’s my son, not my brother! And yes, I can safely sign for his medication. Guess what was the first thing I told Roger  when I came home?! Yes,  I do still look young! (At least to that pharmacist- and that made going out at 7:30 pm for an appointment well worth it! Kidding!) Garett stayed home from school today, but I’m sure he will start feeling better soon.

We are quickly come into the home stretch on these academic projects. The boys have been working on them, and it’s exciting  to see the projects coming together. After the academic fair is spring break week, so this is the final big project before then. I am not terribly excited about spring break as I’d rather just get done with school, but since we have one, we are going to do our best to enjoy it! Maybe our snow will be gone,  and we can go on some hikes! Apparently the ticks are bad again this year, but life goes on.

God is so good. We’ve been talking in music class about singing joyfully unto the Lord. This is such a special time of year as we approach Resurrection Sunday, but I’m so glad that we have a God who is alive for all eternity! I hope you’ll attend church on Sunday and be blessed by the services. If you need help finding a church to attend on Sunday, you can contact me and I’ll help you find one! We serve an Amazing King and Heavenly Father!

Blessings,
Sarah
Roger’s Birthday 
  



 Emma with her friend, Annie 

No comments:

Post a Comment