Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Parades, Birthdays, and Adventures!

It was a busy week! So busy that I had to look back over the pictures I took to even try to remember some of the things we did! To summarize....we were in Maine last week and this week we are in Wisconsin!

Roger has worked some crazy long days, but we are looking forward to him joining us next week for the family reunion in South Dakota. The kids and I took the bus to Boston on Tuesday morning, then got on a plane to Minnesota, then a taxi to pick up our rental van, then a four hour drive to my parents house! Did I mention that I was a bit of a long day?! Truly we are so thankful to be here for a few days. I only wish that I could make myself be in two places at one time as I try to spend time with my family, but also connect with many friends that I have here in the area. It’s a struggle to be sure, and sometimes it’s hard to know what choices to make. I miss Roger!

Last week was hot in Maine so we spent a few afternoons at the lake with Allison. These days of summer are flying by, so we are trying to make the most of the time. I also took the kids with me to church one morning to clean the music room. I’m preparing for another year of teaching music which both delights and challenges me. It’s a lot of work to make lesson plans, pick out Christmas programs, prepare music, organize handbells and notes, and it’s a responsibility that I don’t take lightly. The kids did a great job helping me, and I was thankful for their willing hearts.

We went to the Lobster Festival Parade last Saturday. Emma was very excited about going, and the boys weren’t as excited! However, I did have a good time with the kids. It’s hard sometimes to make the effort to do things without Roger, but I am working at making memories with the kids too. On the Sundays that Roger has been working, we’ve been eating lunch at the airport. I pack a lunch before  church, and then we head out to the airport to eat together as a family. It’s important to me that our kids see their Daddy as much as possible during these summer days, and they certainly do enjoy spending time at the airport. Rogers boss is great at making the kids feel welcome, and on Sunday afternoon three of the boys spent the afternoon there. Chandler has been struggling with headaches probably due to the heat lately, so he came home with Emma and I.

We celebrated Emma’s fifth birthday today. She was very excited to have her birthday in Wisconsin, but sad that Roger had to miss it. Nana gave her a very pick dress up princess dress, so Emma thought that was wonderful. She also received a book and doll from some dear friends of ours, and Nana made her cupcakes with pink frosting! This birthday was hard on this mama. Five seems like such a big number when it’s our baby girl we are talking about. Five years has passed by in the blink of an eye! I was pregnant with Emma when we came back from Alaska; Roger was away in Florida for flight training during her first birthday;  we celebrated her second birthday in Arizona; she turned three shortly after our move to Maine;  and now she’s five! Wow...I could just cry! We are so blessed to have a daughter and the deepest desire of my heart is that she will accept Jesus as her Savior and love Him with all of her heart for all of her days. She is truly a gift from our good, good Heavenly Father, and she belongs first and foremost to Him. He loves her more deeply that even I do, but I’m thankful that He blessed our family with our sweet daughter, Emma.

I’m wrapping this up and bringing you some pictures of our adventures the last few days!
Birthday Girl! 

   
Picking potatoes 
  

   


  




 
Ready to travel!



No comments:

Post a Comment