Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, March 4, 2019

Vacation and Emma’s Test Results!

I’ve been a bit absent from blogging for the past two weeks as we’ve been soaking up some much needed time away for Roger and I. My parents have also been visting for the past two weeks, and we have treasured our time together. Of course, time went by all too quickly, but we are thankful for the opportunity to spend time with them.

My parents arrived about two weeks ago, shortly after our adventure to the E.R. With Emma. Our kids had winter break for the first week my parents were here, so we spent lots of time ice skating, visting, enjoying the outdoors together, and making memories. Also during that week, I called the doctors office to find out about Emma’s bloodwork. Imagine my surprise when our doctor reported that no Lyme testing had been run! I was not a happy mama, and now we had to return to the lab to have Emma’s blood redrawn! Emma did much better this time around, but it still wasn’t very fun. I knew it would take a few days to see what the results were, but I definitely feel like the E.R. Department dropped the ball on doing that test with the first round of her blood!

Roger and I had plans to leave on Friday afternoon for a few days away together. 396 days ago we had saved enough money to book a cruise! Cruising is something we both enjoy, and we find it a very affordable vacation if you’re willing to be flexible! My parents agreed to watch our children while Roger and I went on a cruise. It’s been four years since our last cruise and time away together for longer than two days. As we strive to preserve, protect, strengthen and encourage our marriage, I firmly believe that time away together is a necessity!

Roger and I left on Friday afternoon to head down to Newark, New Jersey. Our cruise was departing from Cape Liberty on Saturday afternoon. Roger was able to get a good deal on a car rental for 24   hours through his work, so we drove down to Newark, dropped off the car, and headed to our hotel   for the evening. On Saturday morning, we met up with some dear friends from Wisconsin. We headed to our cruise ship, and we savored every moment of our time. It was truly a wonderful week!

Our first port stop was in Orlando, Florida. Roger and I did not go with our friends on their excursion to NASA, but instead did some walking and talking around town. The Lord’s hand was in it all, as the doctors office called me on Tuesday. Roger and I did not have cell reception or an internet package on board the ship, but since we were in Orlando on Tuesday, I was able to get in touch with the doctors office. Emma’s bloodwork results had come back. The tests confirmed that Emma does indeed have Lymes. The doctor had called in an antibiotic prescription to the pharmacy. I was able to get ahold of my parents so that Emma can get started on her treatment. It’s not wonderful news, but we rejoice in knowing that God knows all things. I’m thankful that the bloodwork did confirm the Lyme, and that this is probably what caused Emma’s ankle to swell. It was a blessing to be able to talk to the doctors office, and get ahold of my parents on Tuesday. God knew that we needed that day  
 in Orlando.


The weather was beautiful in the Bahamas! We enjoyed the sandy beaches, the water, the friendships, the sun and the soaking up of memories. We went on this cruise with some friends from our church in Wisconsin. Some we knew really well, and one couple was someone we knew but not really well. We enjoyed our time with all of them! We spent many hours in conversations and laughter as well as conversations about the deeper and more painful experiences that life can bring. We are truly blessed.

I’m thankful that my parents held down the fort at home, helped our kids with school work and chores, encouraged them in their walk with Jesus, and loved on them. While our kids were thrilled to see us, they had a great week with Nana and Papa.

It was good for Roger and I to get away and spend some much needed time together. It’s not often that we have the opportunities to discuss everything under the sun without ears in the cornfield ...if you know what I mean! Roger’s job in Maine is a wonderful blessing, but the hours are long. It was good to reconnect as a couple, talk through our dream and desires for our children, pray together, and savor the memories.
















No comments:

Post a Comment