Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Christmas Break! And Haiti!

 Welcome to 2021! It’s hard to believe that a new year is already upon us! While 2020 was full of challenging moments, I am thankful for several things that happened during 2020. But more on that later because for now I want to recap on Christmas break and give a Haiti update!










Christmas break was great! Our family has been saving for three years to go on a family vacation together. We had thought we would go on a cruise, but 2020 kinda but a damper on the cruising industry! So we took our five gallon jug of silver coins, went to the bank, and decided that we were going to take a family trip to Florida over break! Crazy? Sure! Amazing? YES! We left on December 23 and spent the whole week in Florida. We enjoyed some warm weather (and some quite chilly), we soaked up hours and hours of swimming together, and we savored our time together. It was a much, much needed time together as a family. It was truly an amazing week. While Covid exists in Florida, they sure are a lot more chill about the whole thing, and that was greatly appreciated by all of us. We experienced a few chilly days in Florida.  When we woke up on Christmas morning the temperature was 39 degrees! However, the pools were heated at the resort we stayed at, so off we went to go swimming! We had almost the entire water park to ourselves, so that was kinda a neat thing. I thought the kids might miss the tree, the presents, and the excitement of Christmas Day, but all of our kids asked if we could do this kind of trip again next year! It was a different way to spend Christmas Day with the Christmas story reading in our condo, swimming, and lunch at WaWas (a kind of gas station/convenience store), but I wouldn’t trade the memories for anything! 

One of the best things about Christmas break was having two weeks off of school! This gave us time to fly to Florida and still have a few days upon returning home before school resumed. 

Garett and I are leaving for Haiti in the near future. Chandler will not be able to go on this trip due to the whole passport situation. I’ve been on the phone with the passport people so many times that they probably know me by name! Since Chandler is a minor, both parents must appear with him. However, they won’t give you an appointment until 72 hours before leaving the country. The only available appointment is for the day that we are scheduled to leave. And I mean the only available appointment! We looked within a seven state radius and there are simply no appointments available! It’s frustrating and disappointing, but God still has a plan. While Chandler is disappointed, Roger and I are both at peace with the situation. Roger will need to work while I am away, and it’s helpful for Roger that Chandler will be around. Chandler can cook food, do laundry, and keep things going while Garett and I are away. In fact, some of the house will probably be better managed than when I’m home! Our pile of things for Haiti continues to grow at a great speed, but so far we haven’t packed any clothes! I have a bunch of things I want to take with me that I wasn’t able to bring two years ago....remember when my suitcase was lost?! However, when its’ time to go, we will be ready...Lord willing! I spend a lot of my time trying to prep for my subs, make a simple meal plan for the family while I’m gone, coordinate pick up and drop off for our children, and make sure that I am leaving clear directions for those teaching my classes. Somehow, God always makes a way for all the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place. Some of you have already given towards Chandler’s trip. Ive reached out to many of you, but if I have not and you’d like the money you give to be returned, we are happy to return it. God has provided for Garett and I in a great and mighty way...far exceeding what I could’ve dreamed possible! Last year when I donated my missions trip money to Parakaleo when we weren’t able to go, I knew that I’d need to come up with $1600 again for the next trip. But, we serve an amazing God! So many people have been generous and thoughtful with their monetary gifts for our family. Others have offered to help with our children at home. And many of you have covered us in prayers. Please continue to do so! 



No comments:

Post a Comment