Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Parents, Programs and Patriotism!

 





It’s been over two weeks since I last posted on the blog, and I’m reminded of why I don’t like to go that long between posts! We’ve been very busy…very! Between house projects, teaching kindergarten, planning and coordinating field trips, decorating for the Patriotic program, rehearsals for the program, my parents coming, planning for Garett’s graduation, preparing for the kids leaving for Wisconsin- well, it’s been a bit of a crazy house! 

Last Friday (6/4) was our Patriotic program. Our students worked so, so hard on this program, and it showed! When we started preparing and planning for this nearly five months ago, we had no idea how we were going to actually be able to have this program with the restrictions. But we serve a BIG GOD! Restrictions were lifted, and people came out with enthusiasm and love to show their support for the students. We had two performances on Friday, one at 1:00pm, and one at 6:00pm. The afternoon one was fairly well attended, but the evening one was a full house! The seventh and eighth graders did a stick drama set to the music of “God Bless the USA” and they got a standing ovation on Friday night, which delighted both Garett and Chandler. It was such a wonderful day, and truly one of the highlights of my year. I have a deep love and passion for the United States of America, and we truly need the grace of God in our lives. We need a revival and it needs to start with us, right now. I’m not planning on teaching music next year, but this is the part that I will deeply, deeply miss. While the practices, preparation and planning are tough and time consuming, I love this nation. I want to pass on that to my students. I taught the kindergarten, and 5-8th grades for music this year, while another teacher taught the other grades. It was so nice to have someone to work together with on this program. I do believe that God was honored and glorified, and perhaps we were able to encourage a few others to keep the faith that God is faithful. 

Last Tuesday Travis and Wyatt had the special opportunity to go with Roger for the day. Roger was flying the float plane, and then had a dentist appointment to go to later in the day. Travis and Wyatt jumped at the opportunity to go with Roger. Travis has had an especially hard year at school, so I was happy to see his smiling face at the opportunity to go with Roger. School is important-absolutely! However, so are moments like this. Life is about balance, relationships, experiences, work, fun, and so much more! I know that Wyatt and Travis will remember these times with Roger. 

My parents arrived also last Tuesday night. Roger and I were actually away at a meeting with a prospective administrator, and Garett was away baby sitting, and the other boys and Emma were at a friends house. But it was nice to see them when we came home. The children are always excited to see my parents, and my dad has been busy working on projects for me! My mom is going to drive for Travis’s field trip tomorrow. All the boys are leaving with my parents on Thursday at 11:30…as soon as school is out!  I’m already feeling like I’m going to deeply miss our boys, but I’m thankful for these opportunities for them. 

My dad handed me a note from someone in their church that was addressed to Roger and I. It was from a couple in their church that just wrote a note to encourage Roger and I. They told us that they were praying for us, and that they were thrilled to see us endeavoring to raise our children in the Lord. They enclosed a gift of money for a date night, and the whole note and gift just encouraged me so much. Roger and I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed as of late with the future, decisions, parenting, and it was such a blessing to read a note telling us that someone was praying for us and wanted to bless us. It’s a memory I’ll treasure as well as a reminder to encourage others around us. Just because someone is smiling and appears to be strong, that is certainly not always the case! I want to see the needs of those around me and live out Christ in me. 

The days have been warm here…very warm, which make us long even more to be done with school! We are close…3.5 days close! I’m taking my kindergartners on several field trips this week, and then on Thursday it’s a quick 1/2 day! 

Garett will graduate from eighth grade tomorrow night. I didn’t think I would be emotional about it, but this is our first born son. He’s matured and grown up so much in the last year, and we are very proud of all his hard work. School does not come easily to him, but he works hard at it. I don’t know what God has planned for Garett’s future, but I know that God knows what is best for him. We are planning on him attending high school at the school he currently attends. The school is planning on starting a ninth grade class, so Garett will be a part of that, Lord willing.  

The school year is almost complete, and that always brings with it a bittersweet feeling. I’ve learned so much this year, and I sure do love my kindergarten class. I’m going to miss them so much as they pass on to first grade. I know that God has great plans for them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment