Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Summer Adventures - Last Days of Summer Break!

 August is typically a very busy month as we celebrate three birthdays, prepare for school, enjoy the last days of summer, etc. This year was no exception, and it felt like one of the craziest and fastest months of the year! We had family visit, friends visit, Roger took a work trip, we cleaned out so.much.stuff out of the school, switched classrooms, did a yard sale for school, and tried to soak up the last few days of summer break. 

So many of you have been praying for the staff that we’ve needed so greatly at our school. I’m happy to write that God has provided for each one of those positions! The last person needed was a third/fourth grade teacher, and she was hired on about an hour before the open house for school yesterday! Wow! We serve a big God! Thank you for all those that prayed with us. The school has grown exponentially this year, and with that we experience new challenges and growing pains. We have a great headmaster and administrative team, and with the hand of God to guide and direct us, we move forward with great expectations! It’s an exciting year to be a part of the school, I feel like we have prayed for this spirit in the school for the past six years, and we’ve prayed for student growth for the past six years. For six years, God said, “Not yet, not yet”, and this year, He’s opened doors that seemed impossible, He’s already abundantly provided, and the enthusiasm and unity of the school is contagious. I’m thrilled to be a part of the school again this year, and I’m looking forward to welcoming fifteen kindergartners to my class tomorrow morning! We are going to be tired as we adjust and adapt to a new routine. I know I’m going to be tired! 

Last weekend we had friends visit from Wisconsin. Amanda and her son, Owen, came out to Maine to visit for a few days. The kids enjoyed the scenic boat right out of Bar Harbor on which we got to see birds,  seals, porpoises, and other parts of God’s Creation. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. It was a quick few days, but we enjoyed our time together. 



This past week I’ve spent many hours at the school as we prepare, plan, had teacher inservice, prayed a lot, and enjoyed getting to know the new staff members. I’m thankful for my friend, Hannah, who had our children over for several days over the past few weeks. Our children only enjoy being a school for so long before it’s not nearly as fun anymore. The older boys spent some time working at the school this week, and I was thankful for their help. I hope that they look back on the time spent helping and working around the church and school as a blessing and a molding of their character. I’m thankful for Godly men and women that invest in the lives of our children. 

My friend, Allison and I helped at a yard sale this past weekend. It was a ton of hard work, and we’ve agreed that we will never do one of those again! It was one of those ideas that seemed like a good idea about three months ago, but then here we are with just a few people pulling most of the work load. Did I mention it was a lot of work?! Another mom came to help clean up after the yard sale, but it was still a lot of trips across town to the thrift store. I think I took three or four truck loads, and she had three van loads. Around three o’clock, Allison and I sat down for coffee, looked at the mess before us, and said, “Never again”! We managed to drag ourselves back up to finish the job of cleaning up, and finally said good by to each other around 4:30pm. (The yard sale ended at noon). I had Travis and Emma with me as Roger had taken the three boys and a friend to their field day for their bow hunting class. We decided to stop at a food truck for supper before heading home, and while we were waiting, Allison and her family pulled us. It was a nice way to end a long day. I’m thankful for Allison and our friendship. She encourages me, laughs with me, and we can manage to get through most of our “adventures” without tears most of the time! 



Travis turned eleven this past week, and Garett turned fifteen yesterday! We haven’t really celebrated either of their birthdays as I had teacher inservice on Travis’s birthday, and on Garett’s birthday we had a school open house! We will celebrate them on a day when Roger is off of work, and we can enjoy some time as a family to celebrate their special days.  I can’t believe how the years are flying by, but God has been so faithful in giving us these five children. I fail them often, but God’s grace sustains us. We aren’t perfect, and we surely have our moments of terribleness, but again, God is faithful and offers forgiveness. 




We are excited to start school tomorrow! Please pray with us as we partner with families in our churches and communities for the glory of God’s Kingdom! 


No comments:

Post a Comment