Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, May 12, 2022

May Blessings!!







 May flowers are finally here! We’ve enjoyed some wonderfully warm weather this week which has been wonderful for outside recess! It’s also been much harder to focus in school, so we are thankful that we are almost done! 

Since I’ve written on the blog last, we’ve had Teacher Appreciation Week, Mother’s Day, fun with friends, preparing to close on our property in North Carolina, and planning the last two weeks of field  trips and hands-on learning! 

Last week our parent group celebrated the teachers and staff at our Christian school. It was a full week of breakfast, favorite coffees, muffins, goodie bags, a luncheon and so much more! I am so thankful for our parent group that works to appreciate the staff and teachers. I am so blessed to love what I do, and I love to think about making a difference for eternity in the lives of my students. Many of my students (with their parents help) gifted me with flowers, notes, and gift cards. I was amazed by their love and generosity. I’ve been involved in our local Christian school in some way or another for the past six years, so it’s hard to imagine what next year will look like for us. We know that God is good and faithful and that He will continue to direct our steps. I made a slideshow presentation for my class last week, and as I looked through pictures from the school year, I was moved to tears. They’ve grown so much both physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I am so blessed to be their teacher this year. 

On Saturday night, we went over to the Davis’s again. It’s kinda become a tradition now as we’ve shown up at their house every weekend for the past five weeks! We’ve come to love and appreciate their family and friendship. This past weekend, we played softball, Robertson’s versus the Davis’s. It was a lot of fun, and so much yelling from both families! We got along great as a family when we were up to bat, but when we were in the outfield- whew! What’s funny is that both families responded the same way! It was like “then the fights began” when the family was in the outfield! It’ll always be a fun memory and the fact that the Robertson family won! Haha! 

Oh, another big blessing for this week is that our hot water was fixed on Monday! It was the best Monday news that I’ve gotten in a long time! We had been showering at different friends houses, but it’s nice to shower at home! I’m thankful for friends that were willing to let me come over at 5:30am to shower, but after ten days it was so nice to have hot water come out of the faucet again! I wouldn’t say the boys are excited about washing dishes, but they do appreciate the hot water more now than they did ten days ago. 

Mother’s Day was a quiet day. I sometimes wish that my children were better about writing notes, but I’m thankful for the quiet “I love you” or the long conversations around the dinner table at night or discussion about the things in life that really matter like relationships and character traits. We did have lunch together at “Five Guys” which is a favorite hamburger spot. We also went to the park and on a walk. It was a beautiful day, and I’m thankful for the children that spent it with me. 

I also cut Emma’s hair this past week. She kept saying that she wanted to grow it out, but since she has a hard time keeping it clean, out of her mouth, and brushing it, it was time to cut it! Travis told her that her hair looked like a “raccoons nest”! I think what he meant was a “Rat’s nest”?! Either way, Emma’s hair was cut by mom. It’s not the straightest job ever, but ya know, oh well! Emma said that she likes the fact that it’s easier to brush now, and so do I! 

In North Carolina news, we are preparing to close on our property on May 23. There were a few things that showed up in the home inspection that we needed to work through (call my dad about!) but we are submitting our counter offer and praying that it’s accepted so that we can close smoothly. The property needs work, but we are thankful that we didn’t have multiple offers to contend with, it’s out in the country,  and we have a few acres. We are still very much praying about schooling options for next year as well as finding a church family. Please continue to pray for our children as we prepare to transition. We are tentatively planning on leaving Maine on Father’s Day weekend. Ironically enough, we left Wisconsin around Father’s Day weekend six years ago. Roger is planning to fly back to Maine, we will load up our belongings and head south. We plan to attend our local church on Sunday morning, and then leave after church. It’s about a fourteen hour drive, so we will break it up into two days. I don’t really want to pull up to a house I’ve never seen in real life, late at night and exhausted! It’s going to be an emotional weekend for sure, but God has brought us through hard things before many times. We are so, so excited about being back together as a family. That has been very hard on us, but we are so thankful that God has directed us every step of the way. We are so thankful that we didn’t uproot our family last fall. We are thankful that we don’t have a house to sell in Michigan. We are thankful that this job in North Carolina was provided in God’s perfect timing. Roger has been busy the past week as it is fire season there. He flew 10.5 hours the other day, only stopping to fuel the airplane. We are thankful for these extra hours of work though, as it makes it easier for him to come back to Maine to help us move. 

We are so thankful for your continued prayers. God is faithful! I’m so thankful that we can rest in Him. To God be the Glory! 




No comments:

Post a Comment