Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Chaos!

The days 'til Christmas are flying by a lightening speed, and I would love to put the days on hold so I can treasure the memories a little more. But since I can't do that, I guess I'll content myself with taking pictures and loving the chaos.

One of my goals for December was to read a Christmas story every day to my children. I can say that we failed miserably on that...but hey, it wasn't really my fault! I discovered that our local library has a huge lack of Christmas stories and the ones that they did have were boring even to me! So, I used my meager selection from home and we've been reading Luke 2 every night. On my list for after Christmas shopping is to look for and collect my own Christmas stories.

We still have a lack of snow in our neck of the woods, so while we did take a short drive to look at lights, it just isn't the same without snow on the ground. But we did enjoy our time, and we may attempt it again before Christmas...we'll see.

Today we are taking the children to the dollar store to select gifts for their siblings. They are excited about that, and I'll have to take pictures of the results. Also, this morning we are headed to the nursing home to sing for the Grandpas and Grandmas.  So that is sure to be fun!

I've so enjoyed these days with my sisters home, seeing the excitement on the children's faces, and loving the quiet EARLY mornings that I have crawled out of bed to spend my own time reflecting on the Christmas story.

I hope you all enjoy the remainder of the days before Christmas and treasure the memories. I'd love to write more and post a few pictures, but a little boy at my elbow is begging to play farm. So, I am off to play "farm". Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Sounds like you are staying busy and have lots of fun along the way. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found some good Christmas books at Barnes and Noble for cheap. I'll have to get the titles to you.

    ReplyDelete