Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 days of Christmas...Day One!

One of our goals this Christmas season is to take homemade treats to our neighbors and friends. Tonight I am going to a cookie swap with some ladies from church, so I know that we'll get a great start on our treat baskets! However, I decided that the boys and I would make some chocolate covered pretzels both for the cookie swap and for our goodie baskets.

Crushing candy canes!
Chocolate, pretzels, and candy canes


Wyatt liked the chocolate!

Two helpers

First of all, I should've imagined what the kitchen would look like after working with melted chocolate, pretzels and crushed candy canes! WOW...what a mess! We started in on our cooking right after breakfast this morning. I started the boys smashing the candy canes with the rolling pin, which they thought was great fun! Then we unwrapped and melted the chocolates in the microwave. I had the boys look through the pretzel bag and pick out the ones that were whole and unbroken...I think they broke more than they saved! Anyways, we dipped the pretzels, placed them on waxed paper and then sprinkled the crushed candy canes on them. After it was all said and done, the kitchen was a disaster, the boys were dressed in chocolate, the floor was sticky, but I loved it! The pretzels turned out beautiful, in my opinion, and everything else can be cleaned up...eventually. I love the memories and the time spent with the boys, and I'm thankful for a dishwasher, hot water, and a washer and dryer! Blessings on your day, my friends.
Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment