Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, February 1, 2013

Traveling Onward!


February 1, 2013

Our children are now convinced that we are NEVER going back to Wisconsin and that we’ll never get there! (I have to admit that if I didn’t know better, I’d probably agree with them! J)

The traveling is getting long, but I’m thankful for all the visits we’ve made with friends along the way back. We enjoyed services on Wednesday night at Beulah Land Baptist Church in Prince Albert. I enjoyed catching up on visiting with Kailah Webster, and we stayed up way too late talking. J On Thursday, we left Prince Albert about 10 am. and headed home with Kailah to visit her family. Catherine spoiled us with a delicious lunch, and we enjoyed visiting with them. We left later than planned and headed south again. We are headed to Winkler, Manitoba, next where we will visit Sylvia Webster for lunch and then hopefully head across the border back into the United States of America! J

God has blessed us with safe traveling journeys, but the weather has been cold! The warmest traveling day we’ve had in almost two weeks was the day we left Fairbanks, when it was 7 degrees! Since then, the warmest day we’ve seen has been about -8 degrees. Even as we travel south, the cold weather has stuck with us! Today we started out at -9 degrees, and it’s only gotten colder (currently -17 degrees). The weather didn’t seem nearly as cold in Alaska, but it is way different when you’re dressed for it versus traveling in a car! J

Since I have a lot of things I’m grumpy about, I decided to list a few things I’m thankful for including the following:

-         I’m thankful for dvd players that can help the hours in the car go by a little more quickly. J

-         I’m thankful for Roger, who has driven most of the hours and has kept the truck on the road. (We’ve seen many vehicles in the ditch and several accidents.) We’ve had challenging driving conditions almost every day, and the Lord continues to keep us safe.

-         I’m thankful that no matter how dirty, full of crumbs, and stickiness the truck gets, that it can be cleaned up! J I even let the kids have popcorn in the truck yesterday as it was a much needed distraction for them! J

UPDATE: We enjoyed lunch with both Ashley and Sylvia about 1:00pm. We had a great visit albeit very short! We left Winkler and crossed into the United States about 3:30pm. Although we are not home yet, it feels good to be back in the USA. We drove to Alexandria, MN, where we stopped for the night. We have about six hours to home, and I know we’ll be up early to head that way! J We appreciate your continued prayers, Sarah

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment