Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Busy Moments!


Is it really possible that two weeks have passed since I last wrote on the blog?! Honestly, it does not feel that way! Life has a way of passing right by me if I’m not careful, and I have to snatch the moments that I can!

It would probably be easier just to post pictures of all that’s been happening, but I didn’t do very good about taking pictures either! L Let’s see…we hosted a formal dinner for a few good friends and couples from church, helped our kids work on Pine Wood Derby cars and went to the race day, took a meal to a friend, shared our Alaskan ministry trip with another church, hosted an open house for our Alaskan trip, helped out in a college age activity, worked in Children’s church, homeschooled, ran errands, chauffeured children, went to dentist appointments, shoveled snow, celebrated Roger’s 32nd birthday, built a room in the basement. and numerous other activities!

We’ve had a few warm days…above 32 degrees, but spring has not been anxious to arrive here in Wisconsin. My children are still happy to be playing in the snow, but have been asking when the grass will come back! J I’m looking forward to spring as well, however, the mud?...not so much! J I’ve made up the rule at my house that you must first ask Mom’s permission to play in the mud as sometimes Mom just doesn’t have time to do laundry! (As a general rule, mud doesn’t bother me, provided we don’t have to get in the vehicle to go somewhere next!) So, usually, I’ll say yes…I know, I’m crazy like that! J

Formal Dinner
Dear sweet friend, Jenna, who is also prego!
Two weeks ago, on Friday night, my friend, Rebekah Longsine and myself hosted a formal dinner for a few close friends from church. We borrowed fine china from a good friend (since the Robertsons are lacking in that department!), set up the living room as a formal dining room and cooked up a storm! We had twelve people for dinner, and it was a lot of fun! We had assorted breads, spinach dip, bacon wrapped shrimp, soup and salad, glazed carrots, roasted potatoes, sautéed green beans, herb roasted turkey, and steaks! For dessert, we enjoyed cheesecake, chocolate decadence, and a chocolate fondue with assorted fruit! AMAZING! It was difficult to decide who to invite, and we would have loved to invite more friends, but we only have so much space and food! L So, we picked a few friends that had been friends with the Longsines for a long time, and I got to come since I hosted the event at my house! J  It was really a lot of fun, but I’m thankful that I don’t have to set my table with multiple forks and spoons on a daily basis! J (I was also very thankful to see the china go back home with my friend…I was so nervous that something would break!) All in all, it was a good time, and I’m hoping to do it again sometime. (Maybe next time, I’ll sell tickets!) J

Following that we had the Pine Wood Derby race. The boys did all the work on their own cars and I’m so proud of them. They may not have been the fastest cars or the best designed, but they did every part of the work themselves. Roger and I have committed since early on in events like that, that the boys need to do their own work. We’ll offer advice or mentorship, but if you don’t work on it…we won’t either! J Chandler actually did place third with his car in his age division, which was exciting, but all the boys were thrilled to participate in the Pine Wood Derby Race. Fun for all!

Pinewood Derby Cars
This past Sunday, we went over to my parent’s church and showed our slides from Alaska. We enjoyed a dinner with the folks there, Roger preached and we answered questions after the pictures. It was a wonderful time to again share our experiences from Alaska.

Happy Birthday!
On Friday, we hosted an open house and shared pictures and experiences with friends and family. We enjoyed having people over to our home and sharing more in depth about the adventures and experiences of our trip. It was fun to share those memories, and I sure do miss the pace of life there! J  It was also Roger’s 32nd birthday, so the boys decorated a cake for him! J They enjoyed it immensely, and my biggest concern was that someone was going to fall in the cake because they were so excited about decorating it! J

Thankfully, on Saturday, we enjoyed a day at home with our family. We didn’t have any places we had to be, but some friends came over about supper time. We had a great time visiting with them and the boys were delighted because they have children! J Jenn and Arien have become very dear friends to us, and it was nice to have a family stop by and enjoy an informal visit…and we had plenty of leftovers from the open house! J

So, that sums up the last few weeks of family, ministry, and activities!
We’ve been busy, but God has been faithful to sustain us, help us create memories, spend time with our family, and enjoy the journey of life! We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment