Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Because Kids are Kids!

Life with four boys close in age is anything but boring or dull! At times, I'd love to pack them all off to somewhere...anywhere...and have a little peace and quiet, but I do enjoy them immensely. God is good all the time, and I am blessed!

However, at times things occur in my life that are too funny not to write down or repeat for others to laugh with us. For example:

1) On Monday of this week, Chandler had to go to the dentist. If you remember from previous posts, Chandler had been having troubles with this tooth ever since we left for Alaska. We had been praying that we would make it back to Wisconsin before it became an emergency. God answered that prayer, and we made it back.

However, the tooth needed to be pulled this week. Chandler was at 4K on Monday morning, and I mentioned to Garett that Chandler was going to the dentist. "What for?" he asked. I told him and he replied, "That really hurt when I got mine pulled!". I said to please not tell Chandler that he was going to the dentist to get it pulled and he agreed. Chandler arrives home, and Garett promptly tells him, "You're going to the dentist, and it's really going to hurt, but I can't tell you what they are going to do!" WHAT!!! Garett said, "But I didn't tell him what was going to happen!" While I wanted to be grumpy, all I could do was chuckle.

2) Another incident that was humorous happened while Chandler and I were driving in the car together. Chandler was talking about the baby, and he wanted to know how the baby got in my belly! Well, I wasn't about to go into details on that with my five year old son, so I just replied that God had given us another baby and put the baby in my belly. That seemed to satisfy his curiosity for a moment, but then he immediately went on to ask how the baby got out...well... I just replied that Mom went to the hospital and the doctor helped the baby come out. I said that the baby was weighed and given a bath.
 Chandler promptly replied, "OH, to wash of the color."
 I was curious about that reply, so I asked, "What color?"
Chandler replied, "Oh, you know, Mom, the pink color if it's a girl and the blue color if it's a boy!"

How his mind works, I'll probably never know, but it sure brings LOTS of laughter to our home!

3) Maybe this is wrong, but I always enjoy peoples expressions when I tell them about our kids. Today, I was running some errands by myself and at the Dollar Tree, the lady in the checkout line asked if I had children. I replied, yes and that I have four boys. Generally, the reply is something along the lines of "Wow! Four boys, and how old are they?" This is the point where I kinda smirk and say, "Oh, six, five, three and two." Then I just observe the expressions and almost always leave the store with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I've been told several times, "Oh, I feel sorry for you." That honestly, is probably one of the more hurtful comments, but I've learned to not let it bother me. I DON'T feel sorry for me, because I KNOW I'm blessed! Most people are polite and just say something along the lines of how I must never be bored, or how that's a lot of boys, or about how they would never have that many boys (Really, are you going to send the baby back??), but I've learned to just laugh and move on. God is good, and we are blessed.

So, I have nothing that is really exciting to write about, but maybe the post will make your day a little brighter.
God bless,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment