Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A New Decade!

Our family...5K!

30?! I am! J

We celebrated my 30th birthday on Friday, May 17th! It hardly even seems possible to already be here, but 30 has arrived. J It actually wasn’t that hard, mentally,for me to turn 30, since it’s going to happen anyway; but when I think about turning 40…wow! At least I have 10 years before that happens, and I also think that the most alarming thought about turning 40 would be Garett  turning 17 the same year…CRAZY! J

I was completely swept away by surprise when Roger planned a surprise 30th birthday party for me on Saturday, May 11th! I was completely not expecting a surprise party, but it was so much fun! Roger had asked the help of another friend of ours from church, Tanya, to help with the food coordination, cake, decorations, etc. It worked out very smoothly since we had a yard sale at someone’s house in town that day. So by the time we got everything picked up from that and put away,  it was 5:15pm. Exactly when he was supposed to have me home! J It was a wonderful time with close friends, and an awesome gift! Everyone pitched in together to buy a Keurig coffee brewer, and I love it! I’ve wanted one for a long time, but haven’t been able to come up with a way to spend that money on myself without feeling guilty! J The Keurig brews coffee, tea, hot chocolate, apple cider, and all kinds of delicious options…that the whole family is enjoying! J

Roger’s mom came for a few days around my surprise birthday party weekend as well, and it was so nice to have her here. Since the weekend was already a bit crazy with having a yard sale, it was nice to have someone to watch the kids and also pick up the house a bit before the surprise party…I love my mother-in-law! J Roger’s dad came in on Saturday before the party, so a lot of my family was able to be here, so that was really cool. It was also mother’s day weekend, so it was a very full weekend!

I wish I had pictures to post of the surprise party, but you’ll have to wait until my mother-in-law emails them to me! J

On Saturday, May 18th, we celebrated my 30th birthday some more!We ran a 5K as a family. Our local hospital organized a fund raising event for a “Cure for Cancer”, and we decided to participate. It was a great time!  Roger pushed Wyatt and Travis in the stroller, and Garett and Chandler ran what they could and then walked. I ran the 5K and finished in 29:00.  Last year, I ran the same course and finished 3rd in my age division with a time of 23:54…but I also wasn’t pregnant! J None of us received any medals or prizes, but we had a great time as a family. I have a whole lot of admiration for my husband for pushing the stroller with over 50 lbs. of boys in it! J (I know I couldn’t do it!)

Sunday, May 19th was also a special day for us as some very dear friends of our welcomed their first child into the world! The boys were delighted to meet baby Story on Wednesday and were completely fascinated by her. They’ve been praying for a girl baby, and when we left Garett told me, “Mom, that’s what I want.” J Travis on the other hand still insists on praying for a puppy! J If I had a $1.00 for every time I hear, “You’re carrying a boy”, I’d be one rich woman! J We didn’t find out what the gender is, but I guess I’d be more surprised if it’s a girl than a boy! J

We also went camping this past Memorial Day weekend. (But that’s for another post!) J


 

The Love of my life!


50 lbs. of BOYS!


They made it!


A new baby girl!

The boys love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment