Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Camping, Canoeing, and Chaos!



Our family went camping over Memorial Day weekend, and we had a great time. It’s always interesting when I’m pregnant, but since I don’t sleep all that well at home, I might as well go camping! J My parents took the boys on Friday afternoon, while Roger and I enjoyed a wonderful date night! We flew over the Wisconsin countryside, enjoyed a nice dinner, and packed up to go camping without a lot of added “help”. J

All Tired Out!
On Saturday, we met up with the rest of the family at a campground near Wisconsin Dells, WI. The boys were covered in dirt and grime and having a wonderful time! A few others from our church were also at the campground, and my dad had brought along several canoes; so, off we went to go canoeing. It’s a good thing I didn’t know how long the ride was going to be...because I wouldn’t have gone! We took along all four boys and they did great! Ten miles was a tad long for one afternoon of canoeing, especially with the wind going against us, but we survived and no one was overly whiny! Wyatt did say he was tired and laid down in the bottom of the canoe, but he didn’t fuss or complain…praise the Lord!
Wyatt ready to go!

My youngest!
     Everyone was starving when we got back from the canoeing excursion, so we fixed supper, the boys rode their bikes some more, added more dirt to their clothes, and enjoyed the outdoors! Food always taste great on any camping trip we go on as a family, probably due largely to the fact that Roger is the chief cook! J I am blessed!
 
 

Boys waiting for marshmallows!
 
 
 
We fellowshipped with believers
at Keystone Baptist Church on Sunday, and then returned to the campground for lunch and more outdoor fun. Thankfully, Wyatt told me he was tired, so I volunteered to go lay down with him for a bit!
J It was a great nap!

It did rain some on Sunday afternoon, but that didn’t stop the boys from riding their bikes, chasing frogs, and eating non-stop! J

My canoeing partner
I was miserably sick on Sunday night. I’m guessing that something I ate...baby didn’t like, but it’s hard to be sick at home…and much harder in a tent! I spent a good portion of the night in the camp bathroom simply because I didn’t want the boys to wake up and my stomach was hurting. I felt much better the following morning, but it did make me appreciate home! J

We packed up on Monday morning, and headed back home. Travis was asleep by the time we hit the main road, and the other boys weren’t far behind! It was a quiet ride home! J I’m thankful for the memories we created, the time spent as a family, and the opportunity to treasure the moments with our little ones.

1 comment: