Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Place to start...at a Thankful heart!

It's been one week since we've returned back from our whirlwind trip to Maine. In that time span we've hit the school books in full force (with my mom's help), searched for a short term job for Roger, made a meal for a mom with a new baby, had dinner at a friends house, went to a ladies get-together with some ladies from church, and have tried to establish some kind of schedule for the weeks we are living at my parents house! 

The boys have been working hard on school work as they are looking forward to Thanksgiving break...me too! My mom has helped out immensely and it's not so overwhelming when we are both tackling the job. I plan to take full advantage of the help while I have it as far too soon I will be back on my own! My sister, Jenn, is coming from South Dakota for Thanksgiving, and Wyatt is excited about his best friend coming while he doesn't have school to do. "She will have all day to play with me!" 

Roger has been diligently searching for a job, and we've been praying fervently! Well, praise the Lord, he starts a job on Monday! The company he will be working for isn't sure exactly how many hours they can offer him, but they are willing to hire him for a short time. We know that God will supply all our needs, and we believe that this will be a good job for right now. He will be working at a wood working shop that makes cabinets. It's also a company where two men from my dad's church family work as well so that is an added bonus. We are thankful for all those who prayed with us, called Roger to offer suggestions, or promised to keep their ears open for work. God answered our prayer, and  we are thankful that He always supplies our needs. 

As for me, Roger has asked me multiple times if I'm excited about moving to Maine. The truth is I'm excited because Roger is excited. We prayed for God to open the doors for another job, and He did just that. I'm delighted to be closer to my sister, but sad about leaving our church family again, my parents, and some of my dearest friends on earth. I'm a little overwhelmed by my feelings and I know I'll have some challenging days when we leave here again. However, God is faithful. If I've said it once, I've said it one thousand times, "God is faithful!" I'm trying not be overwhelmed by the fact that other than the job, we have nothing else lined up. How will we get our stuff out there? Where will we live? What church will be best for our family? Will we make close friends and have times of dear fellowship again? I very much enjoy having people in our home, and I'd rather have people come visit me than me visit them. I'm praying for a home that we have invite others over, be a blessing (I hope), and reach out to those in need. I feel a little overwhelmed by all the uncertainties, but God has never let us down. He knows my heart, my feelings, and my desire to love Him completely...He will take care of us. 

The boys had the opportunity to go up north for deer hunting this weekend. Roger, my dad, and the boys went up north to go deer hunting. They left Friday night and came back on Saturday. Although the hunt was unsuccessful, they had many stories to tell of their adventures. I love the fact that my dad and husband take them on experiences like these and the boys are storing up memories. Moving to Maine is also going to rough on my dad as he very much enjoys doing things with the boys. They've been helping him work on a construction project, and they have enjoyed that very much. The boys also found an old ladder in my dads barn along with some wood and nails. They've been building their own deer stand in the back yard! It's rickety at best and the amount of nails in it is astronomical, but they've been having a blast! 

As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, I am again reminded of how much I have to be thankful for this year. It was one of the most challenging years by far, but God really showed Himself strong. I learned so much about clinging to God's promises. 

T- I'm thankful for togetherness! As challenging as Arizona was on our family, it was an opportunity for us to be together as a family. God knew that we needed to be together.

H- Heat! My blood has thinned since Arizona, and I'm cold all the time! I'm thankful for heat!

A- Always! I'm thankful that God is ALWAYS faithful. I get carried away in small, mundane details, but my God sees the big picture. He is the great I AM. 

N- Near to the heart of God. Oh, how I'm thankful that I can draw close to God! When I'm weary or tired, I can cling to the Rock that is higher than I. (Psalm 61:2)

K- Kids! God has blessed us with five wonderful children. While I'm not always as thankful as I should be, I am thankful for these five precious blessings. They belong to the Lord, and we are doing our best to raise them for His glory. 

S- Salvation. Really, where would I be without this in my life? God offered me His free gift of salvation. I am 100% sure that when I die I will enter the presence of God in Heaven. (John 3:16)

G- Grace ...I'm thankful that God gives grace as we need it. He doesn't give me a storehouse of grace;  but as I need it, He provides it. When I fail to show grace to those around me, it's a sign of my shallow relationship with Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I- intercessory prayers. I'm thankful for intercessory prayers that our family and friends prayed on our behalf. I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit directs people to pray for us even when they don't know why or what they should pray for specifically. God has protected our family in many ways because of the intercessory prayers of God's people on our behalf. (Romans 8:26-27)

V- vision. My husband has a vision! I'm thankful for his talents in aviation. I don't brag about him enough, but Roger is (in my opinion) a truly gifted pilot. He is confident that God is directing his steps in these aviation experiences, and that God has a plan for our family. I trust Roger completely, and I thank God for him.

I- interesting! While at times I'd like to be a little bored, God has provided us with many interesting experiences in our ten years of marriage! I love the fact that Roger has stepped out on faith to pursue the talents that God has given him and the direction that God has provided at every turn. My flesh desires a little more stability and security, but because of our interesting life journey, I am forced to depend on the Lord every step of the way. It's a good place to be! 

N- New adventures. Well, to be honest, I'm not always excited or thankful for these new adventures. But as I see God at work in our lives, I know that God provided these new adventures to strengthen my relationship with Him and my husband. (And the adventures are not over!) 

G- Gifts. You'll never know how blessed and encouraged I was through the simple gift of an encouraging note in our mailbox. So many people wrote letters and gave gifts that God allowed to come at the exact moment I needed encouragement. I believe that because of our recent adventure, I can relate better to people that are lonely. My desire is to do better at reaching those that might be lonely...a missionary's wife, an elderly person, a neighbor. I am so, so thankful for each one that wrote a note, sent a gift, or prayed diligently for our family. Until we reach eternity, you won't understand the impact of those gifts both monetary and non-monetary. I am blessed! 

           The boys "deer stand"! 

               "Papa and Travis"

No comments:

Post a Comment