Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Departures and Depression

Wow! So much has happened since I last hopped on here to write about the adventures in our lives! Let's see...Roger has a start date at his new job; his previous job in Arizona called to see if he wanted to come fly for them again; we've been working hard at school;  we snuck in a quick trip out to South Dakota to see Aunt Jen; my parents are back safely from their travels, and life is moving forward! 

First of all, Roger is thrilled to have a start date for his new job! He will be leaving around the 20th of February to head out to Maine. We've been looking at many, many, houses online, but as we well know, pictures can be deceiving! Roger has to complete two weeks of training (unpaid) before he will officially be hired on. Once that takes place, then Roger can begin to start house hunting. We've decided to buy if the Lord allows us to find the right place. Although this flying job isn't a forever job, it will most likely be a four to five year job. Renting a house for a family of our size is...well, crazy! We are praying about the right house, in the right location, with the right price. 

I can see the anxiousness coming out in our boys even though Roger hasn't officially even left for Maine yet. We are all feeling the need for our own space again, and we are dreading the separation that is coming. However, it's different then when Roger left for Florida for his training or even different from the job in Arizona. I think we all are gearing up for Maine to be "home" for a while, so there's a different type of anxiousness. We are once again waiting to see how God is going to fit all the pieces of this puzzle together, and we are trying to not rush God's perfect timing. 

I'm  fighting depression hard this time as Roger leaves for Maine. Waiting on God is exactly where He wants me to be, but this is hard! I'm going to be apart from my best friend, my soul-mate, the father of our children, and my steadfast parenting partner for an indefinite period of time. While I am so very grateful that my parents have allowed us to stay with them, we both need our own places. There's something very different about moving back into your parents house after almost eleven years of marriage and five children! My parents love our kids; but our kids are also loud, messy, noisy, and they come with lots of Legos, nerf guns, and mud! When Roger left for Arizona, we still had our own homes, so while single parenting was challenging, I'm still facing some very different challenges this time around. However, God knows my heart, and He will use this time to draw me closer to Himself, I'm sure. I chose to write about these feelings and emotions, because someday all of this will be a memory in the past. God is good...and He's still God. 

Roger will have a busy week this next week with finishing up at the job he's been working at, getting caught up on his flying skills, packing up, trying to spend some individual time with each of the boys, and getting his life insurance policy updated! The last one is one that I am adamant on! I was reading over the policy and discovered that his life insurance policy does not cover aviation accidents! Although I am not planning on anything happening to my man, it's definitely an important thing to amend!  

The kids, my mom, and I took a short trip out to South Dakota. Although it's a twelve hour drive, it's a lot closer to come from Wisconsin to South Dakota then from Maine to South Dakota! Originally Roger had planned on coming with us, but when he received word about the job in Maine, we decided that I would be best if he stayed in Wisconsin. However, it's our first Valentine's Day that we haven't been together for so that's an interesting change. My sister has graciously opened up her apartment to us, and the boys have been enjoying spending time with her. She lives in an apartment by the school, so the boys have access to the gym. Since the school has a few days off, the boys have been running and playing  non-stop!

It was a good trip, and I cherish the memories with my sister. However, it's back to reality! We just have a few short days until Roger leaves, so we are trying to make the most of our time. And in making the most of our time, I'm signing off to spend time with my family. 








No comments:

Post a Comment