Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Heart is Full!

I have many, many, updates on the happenings in our lives. I hope that I am not overly confusing, but sometimes the details seem right in my mind but not on paper!

First of all, we are wading through the loan process procedure! I didn't realize that they needed to know the last ten years of our lives, how we've spent our money, and all the other paperwork! I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get the idea. Roger called me last week to say that we needed to find the tax information from 2014. Oh boy! A smart person would've put those kinds of important papers in a special place. Well, I'm a smart person. I did put them in a safe place, I just could not, for the life, of me remember where the safe place was at! We prayed very specifically that God would help us find these papers. On Wednesday, I took the four boys with me to the storage unit. The only thing I knew to do was to start opening boxes and looking through them. I brought along a different color of packing tape so I would know which boxes we had opened. Wow! We got rid of a ton of stuff before we packed up our last home, but I was still amazed by all the things we have that we don't need! We opened box after box after box. It was tiring and exhausting and challenging with four boys. The boys wanted to be helpful, but there is only so much space inside the shed! After we had opened about seventy boxes, and we still were not any closer to finding the papers, I was beyond frustrated. At that moment, Chandler pops up and says, "If I was an important paper, I'd probably be in that safety security box over there." I was like, "What box?!" He then points to the cardboard box that has a picture of a security box on the outside. I told Chandler that I didn't know that we had one of those, and perhaps it was just a box we had picked up somewhere for packing stuff in. However, Chandler and Garett started looking around, and sure enough, they found that box! I do not even remember buying that box, but I'm sure we did so we could store our important papers. The bigger question was....where is the key? God is so good, and He never ceases to amaze me. In the truck, was a container of keys that we didn't know what they went to. We tried the keys, found the right one, and
opened the box. YES! It was our important papers! I had four excited boys, and I was certainly
delighted to have found those papers. We went to the post office to ship them overnight express to Maine. After we had paid, we found out that the post office doesn't actually guarantee overnight delivery to that part of Maine! The earliest they would guarantee it was Friday...oh well, in the mail it went!

I think, perhaps, the most challenging part is over! All the papers are submitted to the bank, and we are just waiting on them to figure it all out. Meanwhile, life continues for us as we wrap up another school year, spent odles and odles of time outside, and wait for God to continue to open all the right doors.

On Friday, we finished up school early enough to meet some friends at the park. It was a beautiful day, and the kids were delighted to spend time outside and with friends.  After the park, we went over to a friends house so Emma could take a nap. Chandler and Garett worked on her yard, and I was
proud of how they stuck to the job even when they were tired. My boys are growing up! Gretchen
offered to keep the kids so that I could sneak away to a coffee date with a friend. However, we canned the idea of a coffee date and went for a fourteen mile bike ride instead! It was so much fun! I'm so glad that Jenna and I were able to do that. She's a mom to two littles, and I have five, so bike riding is pretty much out of the question at this stage of life. It was wonderful to have a visit, enjoy God's creation, and get in exercise...it was a profitable two-hour visit!

Saturday was another fishing adventure for the boys. My dad has decided that Travis comes along on fishing trips just because he doesn't want to be left out, not because he likes it! Travis usually spends his time working with Papa at untangling his fishing line. Chandler, on the other hand,  usually has a fish on his hook before my dad gets all the gear out of the car. On this fishing trip, the boys brought along their friend, Ben, and my dad invited a few young boys that he knows that could use some good influence in their lives. Travis decided to stay home, since the two girls from the farm next to my parents house came over to play. So, seven boys went along on the fishing trip, and they came home
with a pile of fish! They were dirty, smelly, and full of stories! It took quite a bit of time to clean all
those fish, and the boys were tired before the job was done. I'm thankful that my dad took the
opportunity and time to take them fishing. These are the memories that the boys are storing up.

Sunday was a full day of a showering of love. Roger sent me a beautiful flower arrangement and a gift card to a coffee shop. It was a beautiful expression of his love for me and the kids. We went to church and the ladies had a mother/daughter tea during the Sunday school hour. Since Emma is only two, and I've been mothering her 24/7, I put her in the nursery. And no, I don't feel guilty about that! I had a great visit with my good friends, Amy and Gretchen. It was a good time. I ended up working in the nursery with Emma for the next service anyways as the nursery was short on workers.

While I was in the nursery, my pastor's wife and friend, came down to the nursery. She said that I was needed upstairs in the service. Apparently, I had been awarded a certificate for mother of the year with young children. What? I feel like it's all I can do to to keep them alive some times, and I know many, many, moms with young children that are doing a better job than I am! Nevertheless, I am thankful and blessed. The church awarded me with a gift certificate, and it was a special blessing on a day that I desperately missed my man.

After church, we went to the park with some friends, enjoyed the afternoon with our kids, and Gretchen and I were able to squeeze in a trip for a pedicure. It was a special Mother's Day, and it will be a memory for years to come. Although the day was fabulous and wonderful, nothing can replace Roger.

Wednesday: Roger surprised me today! He flew in for a few days! We are soaking up our family time. I'll write about the special story later!



No comments:

Post a Comment