Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Onward and Forward!

                          
     



Since another week has careened past me, I'll just highlight a few of last weeks events. Travis had surgery, I made a supper meal for over 240 people, and we are under contract to purchase a house!!

First of all, Travis had surgery last Tuesday...April 26. His original surgery date was May 22, but they had a cancellation and asked if we wanted to take it. That was completely and utterly of the Lord's perfect timing! Travis had been picking and messing with his teeth for the past week or more, but when I asked him if they hurt or if he wanted to take some medicine, the answer was always no. However, I could tell his teeth were starting to bother him greatly. Thankfully, my mom was willing to keep the other four kids, so I just had to take Travis to Madison for his appointment. His arrival time at the hospital was 11:40 am, and I was ready to get him in the car. Since he wasn't supposed to eat or drink anything, I figured that the car was the easiest place to watch him every second! My friend, Autumn, was able to come along with me. Having a friend along makes the drive go by so much faster! We arrived at the hospital early, so we had a few minutes to wait. The nurse came for Travis about 11:45 and we walked back to the pre-op room. The nurse had me sign some papers and took all of Travis's vital signs. She handed me a big fluffy white gown to put on over my clothes, and I did. A while later the anesthesiologist came in to talk to us. He explained the procedure process, and said that sometimes the kids can twitch or make funny noises,etc., as they are going under. He then remarked that he saw that I was dressed to come back to the room while Travis went under. At that point in time, I realized that I had on this big fluffy suit because I was going back with Travis! I would, of course, be excorted  out before they began surgery, but I realized that I was way out of my league! I asked if I had to go back with Travis, and he replied, "oh, no. You don't have too, some parents decided that they don't want to watch their child going under the anesthesia." Yes, yes, that's me! I recognize my limitations, and unless you want me to be in a pile on the floor, it would be best if I didn't go back with Travis! Oh whew! I was much relieved to have that cleared up for me. If Roger had been there, I'm sure he would've gone back with Travis, and I certainly could've made myself do it....I think. 

It took a little bit for the doctor to come back to discuss the surgery with us, and Travis was ready to go home. He was starting to get a little anxious, but right then,  they came to take him back. He willingly went with them, and I went to the waiting room. They got started with the surgery about 12:50 and he was done a few minutes after three pm. It was a long afternoon, but it went well. The doctor explained that she didn't know how Travis had gone this long without having to come into the dentist. He had a rather large abcess on the roof of his mouth where one of the teeth were infected. Travis did great coming out from under the anesthesia, and we were discharged about an hour afterwards. He was tired and groggy, but he was in good spirits. We are both thankful that it is behind us. He has a follow up visit next week, and hopefully, everything is as it should be. 

Later last week, I spent a good portion of my day preparing for a meal for a teen rally at our church. Every year, our church hosts an event called, "Teen Mania". It's for teens around the state and they come and hear preaching, have fellowship, play games, and be wild and crazy, without any regrets. I was asked to do the Friday night meal for this event. We were expecting about 250 for supper, and I think I served about 240. We made "walking tacos". It's a pretty simple meal of a small bag of chips per person, taco meat and toppings on top, and you can eat it right out of the bag. In preparation for this, I browned and seasoned over 53 pounds of meat. I used a variety of beef, and pork, and even some version. I had a great group of ladies to work with on Friday, and everything went as smoothly as I anticipated...which is always a blessing! My dad took the boys up to the hunting cabin for camping, but Travis didn't want to go. Emma and Travis stayed with me, and on Friday, my friend, Gretchen, graciously watched them while I was working on the meal. I am so thankful for her! It was a long day, and lots of work, but I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to serve at this event one last time. Our time here is quickly coming to a close, and everything is becoming close to being the "last time". 

And last, but not least, is our housing situation! Well...we are under contract! We are praising the Lord about this exciting event! We had the housing inspection for the house that we thought we were going to walk away from last Wednesday. There wasn't anything too concerning in the inspection report, but we still signed a release from contract. Since we weren't willing to pay any more money to get anything fixed, and they had said that they wouldn't pay any more, we decided to walk away from the house. I know Roger was discouraged as he felt we were back at square one. I didn't know what to think, I wasn't thrilled about the house, but there was nothing wrong with it that could not be fixed either. However, God had another plan. The people selling the house decided that they were willing to work with us. They asked us how low they would need to go on the house so we would take it. Roger told them to throw out a number at us, and see if we would be willing to take it. The sellers need to sell their house as they are building a new one, this house has been on the market for 180 days, and we were their only offer. They came back with a number, and after much prayer, discussion, and seeking counsel, we accepted their number! I am excited to see what God continues to do. We don't have a closing date yet, but we are certainly ready to be back together as a family!! The verse that just keeps coming to mind is "But my God shall supply all your needs..." God is so good to us, and we are rejoicing in this step.

In other news blips, we have eight days left of school. I am pretty sure that I am more excited than my children...and they are very excited! My dad has been teaching the boys how to use the rotatiller, and they have been busy mowing the grass as well. They also went fishing and caught several fish. They are learning how to clean them, and I hope they learn how to cook them! The boys are thrilled to be moving to Maine, but they are very unsure about leaving all that is familiar and dear to them in Wisconsin. I know that God is preparing and protecting the hearts of our children just as He is working in ours. Emma just wants to see daddy, and it's been almost nine weeks. It's been a long time for all of us. We are pray that Roger will be able to maybe squeeze in a quick visit sometime soon, but he has been very busy at his job. 

Our love to you all  and Happy Mother's Day!

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment