Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Thankful Heart

We make choices in our lives on a moment to moment basis, and for this moment I am choosing thankfulness! It's easy to wish things were different or easier or whatever, but the truth of the matter is "wishing doesn't make it so". In light of the events of the past week, I choose to be thankful because it is the right choice. And November is coming up, so it's a extra special time to practice being thankful! 😀


1) I am thankful for a vehicle to drive. I wish I had my own vehicle but since ours broke down last week, I am thankful we have one to drive. Last week, I went to the park with a friend instead of heading home after picking up Travis. The Lord's sovereign hand was in that event as I noticed on the way to the park that the brakes felt "squishy". When I reached the park, I check underneath the truck. A brown liquid was streaming out of the bottom of the truck. I called Roger (who was proud of me for noticing 😀), and he talked to his boss. Roger's boss graciously allowed Roger to leave work to check on our truck and even sent Roger with the company suburban as a replacement vehicle! Roger was able to limp our truck back to the airport where it is currently sitting. We are now REALLY looking for a vehicle, but we have yet to find one that will meet our needs. It needs to sit eight as an extra seat is really nice, get better gas mileage than the suburban, still have lots of miles that it can go, and be the right price! And yes, God does have one for us! I am confident in that.

2) I am thankful for the dentist. We finally found a dentist that would take our insurance. Emma has needed to see the dentist for a while now, but we struggled to find a dentist to take our insurance. This dentist was able  to get Emma in on Wednesday. Emma was a bit of a basket case, but she did cooperate enough for them to decide to give her a referral to a pediatric dentist. She has one tooth that isn't right, and I have to set up an appointment for her to see the pediatric dentist. The receptionist told me as I was leaving that she had some cancellations for the next day, and she could fit in all the boys. It's about an hour drive to the dentist, but if all the boys could be seen in one afternoon, I was all about that! So back to the dentist we went on Thursday afternoon. Two of the boys have one cavity each, and two of the boys did not have any cavities. However, three out of the four received referrals to see the orthodontist! Yikes! Anyways, I am thankful that there are orthodontists and dentists to see to the needs of our teeth!

3) Roger spent much of the week working...no surprise there. But I'm thankful for the days that he can work, and it's getting darker earlier! Yay! Twice this week we were able to each supper all together as a family, and I am thankful for that.

4) I am thankful for the friendships that I am making. I went walking with a mom from school this week, and I was able to use my new carrier for Emma. A friend, Jenn, from Wisconsin sent me a new carrier for Emma. She noticed how much we go walking, and she decided to send us a new one. It came on a particularly disheartening day, and God greatly encourage me through her kindness. I go walking usually one morning a week with another mom, and I have certainly enjoyed her friendship to me.

5) I am thankful for our church. Now that we have committed to this church, it's exciting to be involved. We are starting to match names and faces, and we have been blessed and encouraged. It's also important that we keep a balance in it all. With having the kids in the school, and being a part of the church, Roger and I are realizing quickly that we cannot do it all. There are too many events that need help, but I am learning to guard our family times with a fervency. I do not want to experience "burn out" again, and I do not want our children to feel that they are only home for short periods of time. That's what it felt like this week with back to back dentist appointments and a special church event on Wednesday and Sunday afternoon. But we are on to a new week and new choices!

6) We are thankful for praying friends. Many have sent texts or asked how Wyatt is doing. Honestly, he seems to be adjusting just fine. I don't think all the mountains are behind us in this experience of moving back to first grade, but I know that many are praying for his transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment