Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, October 3, 2016

Family Flights, Fingerprinting, and Blessings

The beautiful colors, crisp temperatures, and later sunrises are all reminders that fall is here. It is truly a beautiful season, and we are enjoying the foliage of New England. It's hard to believe but we have been in Maine for almost four months now! Most of the time the days have flown by, and we have truly enjoyed the memories that we have been making.

Because I want to help out in the school on occasion, I needed to get fingerprinted and a background check done. I was able to get an appointment in Brewer last Thursday. Since Roger had off that day, he was able to take kids to and from school, and I had a day without children. My sister was able to meet me for lunch and a few errands, and it was an enjoyable day. I do love our children very much, but a reprieve is nice every once in a while.

I also went to a ladies simulcast at our church last week. It was the womans "Cry- out" simulcast put on by Revive Our Hearts ministries. Wow! It was such a blessing. I learned so much about my prayer life, and it was a time of spiritual refreshment and revival. I wasn't able to stay for the entire thing, but the part I went to was truly a blessing.




Last Saturday was a beautiful day, and Roger's boss offered to let us take the plane to one of the islands. We put the family in the plane, and Roger took us across to Matinicus island. We took a hike on the beach, and the kids gathered shells, rope, and old lobster buoys. They also collected cans and bottles. We came home with lots of treasures...in their minds, anyways. We enjoyed the time together, the boys and Emma all enjoyed the plane ride, and it was another memorable event. It's a special blessing that Roger has such a good boss, and one that loves our children.




Roger's company had a company picnic last week to celebrate the end of the summer tourist season. Our entire family was invited to the picnic. I was a little nervous as the picnic was inside at the home of one of the pilots that lives in an older home with lots of antiques. Even though they were the only kids there, they did great. I was very pleased with their manners and calmness. I know it wasn't the most exciting event for them, but they do enjoy Roger's boss also. It was a good summer, and I'll have to get the stats from Roger on what the company accomplished this summer.

We also got mid-term report cards last week. It's hard to believe that we are already five weeks into the school year. We had some worried children that they were going to have to repeat their current grade. I explained that just because they have a struggling grade now does not mean that the whole year is down the drain. I have a few children that are struggling in a few areas. Part of it is switching from A Beka  curriculum to Bob jones curriculum as scope and sequence is a bit different. And part of it is that school comes with many challengers for some of them. I want them to pass and I want them to excel. However, the more years that I parent, the more I realize how much more important it is that my children have intergrity and character than flying grades on a report card. Don't get me wrong, I desire to work on grades too; but character is something that is so very important in life. I do so love these little boys...boys that aren't so little anymore...and our Emma, but oh how I desire them to grow in the riches and knowledge of Jesus Christ. The school has some wonderfully gifted teachers, and we are so grateful for their talents and skills.

In spite of mid-term reports, we also received a huge blessing this week. Some dear and wonderful friends of ours sent us a gift of money for the boys education. It practically covered another month of eduction for the boys, and that is such a big blessing! I love it when the Lord encourages me as it is always at just the right time. We are so blessed by these wonderful friends who love us and pray for us.

We have begun the difficult task of searching for another vehicle...ugh. We either will be sacrificing on space or on gas mileage. Right now, since I'm doing most of the driving around with the kids we  are leaning towards sacrificing on space. We have been strongly encouraged to buy a vehicle with four-wheel drive, so we have looked at Toyota Highlander and a Honda Pilot with third-row seats. Both of these will seat seven, which is what we need, and get much better gas mileage than the suburban. We took a test drive in a Toyota Highlander here in town, and Garett wanted us to buy that one. When we asked him why, he said "well, it will work. And then we can be done shopping!" I wish it was that simple, my son! I don't know how soon we will actually purchase a vehicle but we are looking.

All in all, we are doing well this week. We appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah - How exciting to find you have a blog. It's been a pleasure to get to know your family. From what I've seen of your children, I can see that character you speak of, already being instilled in them. Praying for God to provide just the right vehicle to meet your needs. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete