Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Week One of Summer Break!!

We've been out of school for a week now...Hooray! I took a day last week and spent it with my sister, Hannah. We took Emma with us and went to Augusta. We shopped at all the exciting places like Target, Sams Club, and a few others that we don't have near us. It was a good afternoon spent with Emma and Hannah. Emma enjoys shopping, but the girl needs to learn what a budget is about! πŸ˜‹


On Friday Roger went to work, and we had some friends from school over for a visit. The boys have enjoyed making many new friends at school.  I had a coffee  with Allison while ten children played in and out of the house. Somehow riding bikes, jumping on the trampoline, and building forts is WAY more fun with friends (but I get it...I'd rather drink coffee with a friend than by myself!) We also had a ladies get together in the evening. Some of the ladies from our Bible study got together for supper and then dessert and a devotional at the home of an older lady in the church. I wasn't sure if I would be able to go since Roger would not be off of work in time for me to go to the supper. However, our pastor graciously offered to have the children over to his house to play with their son, Austin. The boys were delighted to go over to a friends house to play, and Emma went along too. 😏Roger picked them up when he was done with work, and I'm thankful that it worked out for me to go to the ladies meeting. Supper was a good time of fellowship and laughter both of which I needed. When we got ready to leave the restaurant one of the ladies realized that her car battery was dead. I am so thankful that my dad taught me how to use jumper cables and jumpstart a car! Thankfully, one of the other  ladies had jumper cables (although she didn't realize that's what they were!), and we managed to get  the car started. It was quite the sight with all these ladies gathered around the car in nice clothes discussing what to do. An older gentleman came over to check and see if we needed help, but he said we had it figured out.πŸ™‚ It was a good evening, and I'm thankful for the Bible study which has encouraged me to grow in the Word and to get to know these ladies better.

We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday as Roger had the day off. We took a family day and drove down to Portland. The boys voted to go to Cabelas, and we agreed. They all enjoyed shooting targets at the target range, and we enjoyed walking around Portland as a family discovering new things.





Sunday was Father's Day, and it was good to be reminded about the importance of fathers. Roger has done a great job being involved in the boys lives, teaching them how to treat women, trying to build character and intergrity, and spending time with Emma also. I am so blessed by his faithfulness and consistency with our children. I was also reminded of how thankful I am for my own dad and how he taught me to work hard, be committed, love people, and show the love of Christ to others. We went home, ate lunch, and found our tennis rackets. The boys took some tennis lessons through the school, and it's something that Roger and I enjoy. We found a park with tennis courts and a place to play-everyone was happy! πŸ™‚ We had time to play for a while, and then some friends from church showed up. Allison brought her girls to the park too (apparently, great minds think alike!) 😜 I enjoyed conversation while the boys and their friends ran around getting all hot and sweaty. Then we headed to church to sit in a pew with sweaty boys! (Oh well!) Roger had a good day, and it was a good day spent together as a family.

This week has been a busy week around our house. Since Roger had off on Tuesday and Wednesday we managed to clean out the basement, get rid of a bunch of trash, clean and wash the vehicles, cut grass, and cleaned up around the yard. It's not always the fun things we get to do as a family that make memories,  but sometimes it's the time spent  just working and being  together. The boys spent a morning taking apart our old coffee machine. It was broken beyond repair and heading for the dump, so the boys took it apart. Chandler found the motor to the thing, and hooked it up to something else and managed to make a pump...don't ask me how! Wyatt and Garett clipped off a bunch of wires, and Travis collected all the screws to save for his next project (and he saves EVERYTHING!).  I don't  like the mess it made on the back porch, but it can be cleaned up. They are learning by hands on experiences and I'm thankful for that. Chandler has always enjoyed taking things apart. I remember buying him a toaster at a garage sale for $1.00 a couple of years ago, and it was a dollar well spent! Of course, Wyatt also likes to take apart things...he's the boy that took the hinges off the door when he was four!! 😜

On Wednesday afternoon we went to the lake to play. Our friends from church have a small cottage on a lake, and they invited the kids to come swimming at the lake. The boys all got right in, Emma never even got her swimsuit wet, and I have no intent of going swimming until it is much warmer! It was a fun afternoon for them, and everyone slept so well that night!

Today Wyatt had a dentist appointment at 8:20am. Since the dentist place is about 1 hour away, it was an early morning for us! Garett asked to go to the airport with Roger, and it's just another sign he is growing up. He chose going to the airport over traveling to the dentist appointment and spending time at the McDonald's playland. He did ask, of course, if I could bring him back some food!! However, on the way to the dentist appointment, Chandler became sick. I'm not sure if it was car sickness or a bug, but he was one uncomfortable kid! We arrived at the appointment and Wyatt went in right away. Chandler ended up throwing up in the bathroom and laying down across the chairs in the receptionist lobby. I felt bad for him, but since I didn't have any options, I just let him lay there. Wyatt's appointment took a REALLY long time!! Apparently the little cavity wasn't so little, and it needed a bit of attention. We were all ready to go long before Wyatt was done, but we made it. I had brought along some books and coloring pages so that helped, but 1 1/2 hours is long for me, much less the three other children waiting! But it's behind us now, and all the children are currently caught up on teeth cleanings! Hooray!

We were supposed to have some friends over this afternoon, but I had to cancel. As soon as we came home from the dentist, Chandler crawled into bed and slept for several hours. A person has to be really tired to sleep through all the noise and commotion at this house! He seems to be feeling a bit better now that it's later afternoon, but we will see how things progress.

Friday...Chandler is feeling much better. We had ladies Bible study today, and the we had the pastors son, Austin, over to play for a bit. It was a good day and not too crazy! 😜I spent some time getting ready for guests this weekend as my grandma and Aunt Geri are flying in from Wisconsin tomorrow!! My friend, Allison, has offered to keep the boys while I drive to Portland to pick them up. It should be a great weekend. Hope you all have a great time in church on Sunday!
Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment