Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Aviation Life...and Week two of Summer Break

Week two of summer break is over already! We had a good weekend with my grandma and Aunt Geri  coming from Wisconsin. I know it was a tiring trip for my grandma, but I was thankful for the opportunity to spend time with both of them. They came with us to church on Sunday, and my sister also came down for church and lunch. We had a good afternoon enjoying the sunshine, eating, and relaxing. Hannah and Aunt Geri joined our family for the evening service, while Grandma enjoyed some peace and quiet. 😀 We had a special service in the evening as it was a singspiration service and several other churches joined together to worship the Lord. It was a good time of singing and then followed by a picnic on the grounds. I was asked to play the two opening songs, and I was thankful for the opportunity to play the piano. The children's choir also sang, and they did a great job.
 



Monday started out with a bang! After I got back from a morning walk with my aunt, I noticed a text from my friend, Allison, on my phone. The text said that she had heard the news, and was Roger okay? I was standing in the kitchen talking to Roger so yes, he was fine. But what was the news?! Well, there had been an airplane crash on one of the islands that morning...as in about fourteen minutes ago! Roger called into work to get a few details and then headed into work to see if he could help in any way. Penobscot Island air lost an airplane on Monday morning in a crash, but God was  gracious the pilot walked away with a small scratch on his face! However, the plane is a total mess! Roger walked around in a bit of a depression for a few days this week, as that particular Cessna 207 was his "baby". He took immaculate care of it, and he enjoyed flying it. This incident has put a damper on the week, but God is still good. However, the company could use your prayers as these incidents tend to be logistical nightmares. I'm thankful for the texts I received throughout the day from various friends checking on us as they heard the news. There will be more news and posts on this at a later date.

  


We went up to Hannah and Josh's house on Monday evening for supper and so that Grandma and  Aunt Geri could see the house and stay overnight. Roger had taken the kids home in the afternoon, and  Aunt Geri and I spent some time walking around the little shops in Rockland. It was a fun afternoon for me, but a busy day! It was a bit of a later evening, but it was an enjoyable time. Roger was back to work on Tuesday, but not flying the 207. The kids and I enjoyed a morning with some friends from school, and Bethany brought me coffee! 😀 We've been really working on areas to cut our budget, so I was excited about Dunkin Donuts coffee! It was a fun morning for the kids and myself. The kids also attended a local Vacation Bible school at a local Baptist church. Emma was  unwilling to go on Tuesday night; but when the boys came back expressing all their fun experiences, she announced that she was going next time!

Wednesday was a low key day for us...I like those kind too! We packed a picnic lunch and headed to the airport around late morning. We had a few errands to run also, and then came out the airport to eat  lunch. The boys enjoy visiting Roger at work, and we are thankful that he has a job that the boys can  come and visit him at his work place.

Thursday was spent with a day of Roger's company! He had the day off so we went to the farmers market, walked to the park, did a few errands, and spent some time around the house. The kids had another night of Vacation Bible school in the evening. I had a book party that I had been asked to come to, so I went to that with a few other friends. Roger picked up the kids from Bible school, and he put everyone to bed...hooray! It was a day well spent with family time and togetherness.


Friday...the last day of our ladies Bible study until the fall. It's just too crazy with summer schedules and lots of kiddos. I did nursery again...something I don't mind doing, but I also enjoy going to the  Bible study. I think I'm ready for a break also! I spent the afternoon taking the kids to the park, splashing in the water...well, they did! The kids had their finally night of Vacation Bible school tonight, and it was parent night. It was exciting to see all that the kids had learned, and I am thankful that they had the opportunity to attend.

It's been a long week as far as stresses in work are concerned, but God is merciful. We are very thankful for Penobscot Island Air,  and we stand behind the company one hundred  percent. It was a week to reflect on trials and challenges and know that God is going to be there every step of the way. The pilots are working hard at flying with the other available planes, and although the days are longer than ever, I am thankful.  I am sure the company would appreciate your prayers as we continue forward.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative blog ,Very good information thanks for sharing such wonderful blog with us ,after long time came across such knowlegeble blog. keep sharing such informative blog with us.
    Aviation Academy in Chennai | Aviation Courses in Chennai | Best Aviation Academy in Chennai | Aviation Institute in Chennai | Aviation Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete