Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Wrapping up November and Opening up December!

Since December 1st is tomorrow, I want to finish up November with a few memories we made last week.

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day. Due to work schedules we weren’t able to make dinner with Hannah and Josh work out. I really wasn’t up for cooking a big meal for our family, but then we were given an invitation to join another family for Thanksgiving! Allison and Jason invited to us to join their family...and extended family for Thanksgiving. Jason’s mom hosted our family, and a bunch of children, their spouses, and grandchildren! It was a great time as the weather was beautiful, the company delightful, and the food delicious! And all I was instructed to bring was some drinks for lunch!

We had a relaxing morning together as a family before meeting up with Jason, Allison and their girls. Jason graciously agreed to take our family photo as I needed one for our Christmas card. It was a short photo shoot as Travis was convinced that the vest he was wearing was choking him! Shortly before we took the first photo, I realized that his vest was on backwards! Thankfully, we fixed that before we took the photo, but he was still anxious to get out of that vest. It was a little chilly by the water, so we quick took off our jackets, Jason snapped a few photos, and then we put back on our jackets! Emma was “chilly” and I forgot to get one of just her before she was bundled back up. Oh well! At least we have a family photo!

After taking some pictures, we all went on a hike together- through the woods and down to the water! The boys had a great time tromping through the woods, walking through all the water puddles, and trying to build a dam down by the waters edge. Emma collected sea glass off the beach, and she is   actually getting pretty good at looking for it. Allison and Jason’s girls are good sports, and they even helped the boys try to build a dam. It was a fun day for all.

On Friday we spent most of the day working in the yard, taking down the trampoline, putting away the lawn mower, and getting stuff winterized. It’s been very mild so far, but the weather could change at any time. Roger had the day off as originally I had planned on spending some time with Hannah, but she ended up working in the afternoon. I did go Black Friday shopping! (I went to Rite Aid, and I collected all the stuff that was free after coupons and points!) I ended up with lots of chapstick, peanuts, tissues, cough drops and toilet paper. Perhaps not the most exciting items to shop for, but I might as well get them free or cheap! We wrapped up the day with a Christmas movie and popcorn and happy and contented hearts.

Saturday was a full and busy day! Roger took three of the boys out to the islands to do some measuring for some aviation maps. Wyatt wanted to stay with me, which was fine because the birthday party wasn’t for him! As soon as Roger walked out of the door at eleven, I turned to Wyatt and told him we needed to get busy! Wyatt was completely surprised that we were having a birthday a party in a few hours. We managed to get balloons, get the house decorated, baked a cake, made party favors, got everything ready for tacos before our guests arrived! Roger came back with the boys a little after three, and I think that we managed to surprise Garett and Travis! Travis told me that his birthday was in August not November! I assured him that I knew that but today was the party day! I am so thankful for the friends that came out to our surprise party, and that it was such a fun time for the kids. They had a great time playing with the nerf guns that they had been given for a gift, and having milk and Oreos before bed time as that was another of their gifts. The one major disadvantage to having a surprise party is that Roger wasn’t around to help with all the prep work! Because he had taken the boys, it left Wyatt and I with a lot to do before the party! But we did it! It was a fun surprise to pull off.
  

This week has been very busy with prep work for the Christmas program next Friday. I think that everyone has a costume now, the music has been downloaded, the script is memorized (some people could still use some work) and we are coming down the home stretch!

On Monday during music class we worked in picking out costumes for the program. That was quite the project! Roger has been working hard on getting a backdrop done for me. He’s very good at it, but it’s not his favorite project. He does it because he loves me!

My parents are coming for a few days next week, so I’ve been working on getting ready for that also. The kids are looking forward to seeing them for a few days, and I’m sure it will be a great visit, but it will be short!

In between the Christmas program, my parents coming, trying to get the house decorated for Christmas, and still keeping up with all our other activities, we’ve been very busy! I do enjoy putting up the Christmas tree with the kids, and we are hoping to get that done on Saturday.

 We were blessed with a great week, and it was nice to have a few days off from school and to enjoy our time as a family. A rest and reprieve is always good once in a while, and we certainly enjoyed spending time together. I’m looking forward to having the Christmas program behind me...did I mention that already?! We would appreciate your continued prayers as we move forward.

I do have a special praise as well as a prayer request. My plane ticket has been purchased to return to Haiti on a missions trip in February. While we have some of the cost of the trip, we do not have all of it. Will you pray that God will continue to provide for this missions trip? I am excited about returning to Haiti, but this will probably be my last trip for a while. We would like the boys to be able to go when they get a little older, and Roger would like to go also. So we will need to start saving our money for when they are old enough to go on a missions trip. I believe that every Christian should go on a missions trip if they get the opportunity. It is truly a life changing experience! I am including a link to the missions trip group I am going with. If you would like to give towards my missions trip, you would only need to include a note saying it is for Sarah Robertson’s missions trip. I’d certainly appreciate your prayers and financial aid if you feel so directed to give.
The link is as follows:
Parakaleo international  

Tomorrow will mark the first day of December! Can you believe it? This is such a special time of year with the sights and sounds of Christmas, and I pray that you will take some time to just worship our Savior. Truly we were giving the greatest gift when Christ came to earth as a baby. We can rejoice that Jesus came to pay for the sins of mankind, and rest in assurance that we can have eternity with Him. It’s ours for the asking!

We love you,
Sarah
 
 Building a dam 
  

 
 
 Fun with Friends 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment