Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, November 4, 2018

A Rough Week...and God’s Hand at Work




One of my favorite songs: https://youtu.be/mmdnM-aLEpM


I’ve struggled for several days over what to even write on this post. The reason that I am writing is because it was a rough week, but God showed Himself to be faithful and strong just like He always does. When I come back to reread this post in a few years, I want to be reminded of the character of God and Who He is.

To start off the week, I received a text from Rogers’s mom saying that Grandma Robertson was dying (Roger’s grandma). The last time that I had actually seen Grandma Robertson was when Chandler was about six months old. She lived out in California, which is a bit more than a hop and skip from Maine! Roger has a lot of memories with his grandma as his grandparents visited them often when he was growing up. Roger didn’t sleep well on Monday night as he woke up in the night to read a text that grandma had passed into the arms of her Savior. We talked about many options on Tuesday and looked into flights for Roger to get out to California. However, we didn’t come up with any great ideas or options. The memorial service would be on Saturday, and Garett was going on an all-night teen activity with Roger on Friday night into Saturday morning. Garett was really looking forward to this activity, and the only reason he was being allowed to go is because Roger was also going. Since
the tickets weren’t the only reason Roger wasn’t at peace with going to California, we decided that we would not be able to get out to the memorial service for Grandma. This was a bit hard on Roger as all of his other brothers and older sister were going to be there, but God was clearly not giving us peace.

It was all for the best and in God’s sovereign plan. There were some circumstances that happened in my life in Thursday that were very painful and hurtful to me...not physically, but I sometimes think physical pain might be easier than emotional pain. Words can be hurtful. I needed Roger to be here, and if he had been in California, a lot of emotional decisions might have been made on my part. It was one of those days where I missed the ability to talk to my dad in person. I could’ve called, but it’s not the same. I’m thankful that Roger was able to be my sounding board on Thursday night. On Thursday night, one of my friends, Beka, called from Wisconsin. I haven’t heard from her in a few weeks, and the reason she called was to ask a simple question. Yet it was a God ordained timed  event. She had just been through a similar instance a few months ago, and was able to offer some encouraging words. I’m thankful for God’s love to me.  It’s not often that I’m caught completely off guard, but that definitely happened on Thursday.

On Friday morning I found myself fighting tears, fatigue, and emotional instability.  Due to weather, Roger had the day off, which was again a detail that God ordained. We were able to talk with our  pastor and get some solid, Biblical advice. It was a morning that God worked out so many details to fall into place, that we could only step back in awe and say, “God is at work here”. I’m not at liberty to discuss any details because that would be hurtful to others. I can say that while I’m not exactly happy with the situation or circumstances, I am at peace with the situation.

Isaiah 26:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:

It was a long week, but God was and is faithful, kind and true. He protects me, watches over me, and continually holds me in his arms. He blessed me with a wonderful husband, whose gifts are discernment and faith. I can be confident in who God created me to be because I know He is with me. 

Isaiah 43 King James Version (KJV)

43 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment