Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, January 5, 2019

HAITI!

 



HAITI!

Our  video from last year is in the following link:

https://youtu.be/l9qWTGJAj-Y

I had no plans of returning to Haiti in 2019, but God had other plans for me! By the time the school year began in September, God had provided all the funds I needed for the trip except for luggage fees
and personal expenses! I was completely astounded, and God never ceases to surprise me with His blessings!


Although I was/am very much looking forward to returning, it does leave a lot of responsibilities for Roger to manage. Not that he can’t do it, but it’s hard to be the bread winner, the chauffeur, the cook, the launderer, and so much more. We are so thankful for each person and family that has offered to help while I’ll be away.



Here’s the really, really big news....Garett is coming with me to Haiti! I had already purchased my plane ticket to Haiti, and we had no intention of allowing Garett to come along with me as he is only twelve. But God, again, had other plans for our family. Roger and I were asked if Garett would like to come along. He was given an invitation to come with me, and Roger and I started praying about it. We didn’t mention it to Garett, but instead decided to look into if it was even possible for Garett to get on the same flight to Haiti with me, I looked into the cost of the ticket as did my sister, Hannah. However, the cost of the ticket had doubled! There was no way that we would be able to get him on the same flights, and as a minor he obviously needed to travel with me. I was so disappointed that God had given Garett the invitation, but then not paved the way! Roger and I continued to pray about what God would have us to do, and we asked several other close friends and family to pray with us. We still didn’t mention it to Garett, but I did talk with his teacher about the possibility of him going to Haiti. As I thought she would be, she was thrilled that Garett might have the opportunity. She assured us that she would work with Garett in any schooling he might miss, but also that the mission field could teach him many lessons that he wouldn’t learn in the classroom. Again, we continued to pray. For four days we prayed, checked flight prices, and discussed what God would have us to do.

Four days later, I looked again at the flight that I was booked on for our Haiti trip. What?! The price was the same as when I had booked my flight! I immediately called Roger, and he suggested calling the airline. I was blessed to talk with someone who could help me get Garett booked on the exact flights that all the Maine people are booked on and for the same price! Isn’t God good? Now that is a God thing!

So now the ticket was booked, and we needed to tell Garett. I printed off his ticket and then Roger told him that he needed to get the papers out of the printer. Garett went upstairs to get the papers, and he glanced through them. He did a double take as he saw his name! “I’m going to Haiti?” He has been estatic ever since. He’s been working hard and saving all the extra money that he can. I helped him write a letter to give to family and friends about his upcoming trip. I’m am so excited that he has the opportunity to go, and I am praying fervently that God will work in his heart. He does need some financial support to finish up paying for his ticket, so if you feel led to give, he would appreciate that. This is a big experience for a twelve year old boy, but God’s hand has been in this every step of the way.

Now...getting a passport for a minor-that is no small feat! Because we are getting to be shorter on time than we would like, we are going to New Hampshire to apply in person. Roger and I both have to go, and of course, Garett. The list of paperwork and application is a bit daunting as we don’t want to mess this up, but we are going on Monday! We would appreciate your prayers for a very, very smooth experience!

We are so thankful for each of you that have helped our family, either financially, through prayer, through helping out Roger, or anything else! We are so thankful! We would appreciate your prayers as we move towards this trip again. I’m excited to see what God will do; I’m thankful that He provided the opportunity for me to go again; and I can’t wait to work in the medical clinics again! To God be the Glory!

Psalm 18:3a “I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised...” 

1 comment:

  1. Looooooove this story so much! Thank you for sharing! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete