Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Family, Camp, and a Trip To Wisconsin!



 




   




 





 





  




These weeks of summer break are quite literally “flying by”! We’ve been busy going to the ocean beach, going to the lake, going to Dad’s work, and hanging out at home.

The boys and Emma are signed up for the summer reading program at the library, and that has certainly helped to motivate them to keep reading through the summer weeks. Our local library is quite small, but it’s fun to go to the library.



My sister, Jen, flew into Boston on Friday, July 12. God worked out the details for her to be able to come for a few days, and she will drive back to Wisconsin with us. Since Garett and Chandler were coming home from camp last Friday and Roger had the day off of work, I was able to go to Portland to get my sister with just Wyatt. It’s always nice to spend some one-on-one time with our children, and Wyatt and I had a great time together. Jen took the bus from Boston to Portland, and then Wyatt and I picked her up. It was a blessing that another family was willing to bring Garett and Chandler home from camp.



Garett and Chandler seemed to have a great week at camp, and I am so thankful that they had the opportunity to go to camp. Did I tell you that a man in our church paid for those two boys to go to camp?! I had been a little worried about coming up with the remaining $300 that the boys needed for camp, but a man from our church came up to me one Sunday and said that he wanted to pay for the boys to go to camp! Tears of gratitude  welled up in my eyes as I gazed into the eyes of the 93 year old man that saw the value in encouraging young people to attend Christian camp. What a blessing!


While the two older boys were gone, Roger and I were able to spend a bit more individual time with   each of our other children. We enjoyed ice cream together and Roger was able to take the two   younger boys out for pizza one night. We enjoyed the week, but I sure did miss our two boys!


The weather has been warm (like actual summer temperatures) so we have enjoyed beach time with friends and family. Last Tuesday I met a friend, Hannah, at the beach. We enjoyed a morning watching our kids play on the beach for several hours. The water was freezing, but that didn’t seem to bother the kids!


Roger and the kids painted the basement, and Roger deserves a crown of jewels for his patience in letting the kids help him! They enjoyed every minute, but I could see that Roger was not enjoying every moment! It does look nice with the walls painted in the basement, and we are thankful to have that project done.


Roger had to work on Sunday, but my sister (Jen) was here. That worked out quite lovely as I needed  to take Travis and his friend (Abel) to camp. The other kids were not looking forward to a seven hour round trip ride, so they were thankful that Aunt Jen was here! I took Roger to work In the morning so that we would have his car to take kids to camp. After dropping Roger off at work, I was able to squeeze in a quick walk in downtown Rockland. While on my walk, I found a wallet. Someone had lost their wallet with almost $100.00 cash, and other important information. For less than a second, I was excited about finding some cash, but in the same second I knew that I would do the right thing. It was weird looking through some one else’s wallet, but I discovered a drivers license from out of town. I was fairly close to the police station so I dropped the wallet off at the police station before going home. Hopefully, the wallet was returned to its rightful owner as I know that I would want to  get back my wallet if that was me!


It was a lengthy drive to camp, but it was a pleasant day for a drive. The boys and I actually saw a moose on the way to camp, so that was exciting for all of us. Travis was quiet for the entire ride, but  I’m sure he will adjust and have a good time. I’m thankful that he is able to go with his good friend. Travis had a headache on Saturday that was pretty intense, but I’m fairly sure it was due to too much sun and not enough water. His hair is practically white from the sun bleaching it! I didn’t spend very long at the camp dropping off the boys as I had to drive back home. What a blessing to spend time talking to my Heavenly Father on the way back! It’s been a while since I’ve had several uninterrupted hours to spend sharing my heart with my Heavenly Father, and it was an afternoon well spent.


Also on Sunday, Jen brought the other kids up to my sister, Hannah’s house, and I met them there in the way back from camp. The kids had enjoyed using the paddle boards and swimming in a nearby lake, and they enjoyed the beautiful day. Hannah, Jen and I made plans to meet at the beach on Tuesday, and we had a good visit together.

We’ve enjoyed having Aunt Jen here for a few days. Roger has been working pretty steady at work as these are the long days of freight hauling and people moving. Hannah’s husband, Josh, was able to spend part of the day with Roger on Tuesday as the rest of us spent time at the beach.



School update: For those that have been praying for our Christian school, we still need your prayers. We are at 58 students enrolled from pre-3 thru 8th grade. I am still praying for the school to reach 90 students enrolled. Please pray with us that we will at least see a few more students added to the school this year. Christian schools all over the country face financial difficulties and ours is no exception. Thankfully, we know that God knows exactly where we are at and what we need...we  rejoice! We know that God hears our prayers, and we are asking you to continue to pray with us.



Travis will be coming back from camp tomorrow afternoon, and we are planning to leave early on Friday morning to head across the United States to Wisconsin! The kids, Jen and I will be heading out early... Lord willing. Please pray for safe travels, the vehicle to run well, and for us to make good time (no traffic jams!). Its a long ways to go, and part of me is just dreading the trip. The kids travel well, but the hours in the vehicle can get long for all of us. But we are looking forward to seeing family and friends for a few days while we are there in Wisconsin.




No comments:

Post a Comment