Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Fall!

 These weeks have been passing by so quickly! I feel like we blink, and the week is over. We are so very thankful that we have been able to have in person school this year. For the most part, our children are all happy to be in school. One of our children is struggling, but God has been faithful through it all. 

The older boys are really enjoying playing on the soccer team, and Chandler told me that he wished that we had soccer practice or a game every day. Um....I don’t! Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled with the soccer team, but it sure does wreck havoc on meal planning, packing lunches, and other after school things! But I’m not complaining as it’s only for a few weeks, and it has been great for the boys to have this opportunity. 

We had a ministry meeting at our house last Thursday night, and I made chili supper for about 19 people. It’s good to gather as a group of ministry helpers and coordinators every once in a while just to make sure we are all moving in the same direction. Youth group has been hard for Roger to commit to this past summer just with all the changes within his job. But through it all, the teens have been faithful, and we are excited about the fall. Rogers job should be slowing down some as they’ll be wrapping up the float plane season. Roger is one of the most faithful and dependable people that I know. He definitely doesn’t do it all like I would do it (thank goodness!) but he leads by quiet example. I know the summer has been long and hard for him, but he’s rarely complained, and he continues to do the next right thing. 

This is a short week of school as we have Friday and next Monday off due to Columbus Day. Our children are happy to have a few days off of school, but they do have a soccer game on Saturday and on Monday. I’ll be having a teacher inservice day, which will include a few meetings and then some time in our classrooms...very thankful for that! Somehow I envisioned a lot more time than I have these days, so I’ll be happy for any extra time I can spend preparing and planning for teaching kindergarten. These littles are so special to me, and I really want to help them develop a love for learning and to know that God loves them. Some mornings are exhausting, but the time sure is short! 

The team had a soccer game yesterday, and my friend, Hannah, graciously took Emma and Travis after school. Roger was able to get away for the game, and it was a good game. The kids played really hard, and they managed to hold the tie game at 2-2. After three overtime periods of (5 minutes each) the game was declared a tie. While the boys would’ve enjoyed a win, they were very happy to have a tie game. It’s amazing to me how much the boys have learned and developed in the last few weeks. I am very thankful for the opportunities to watch them play, and it’s fun seeing three of the four boys on the field together. Garett played much better in the goalie position, and while every shot on the goal made me nervous, he did a good job. 

We would appreciate your continued prayers for our family, our school, and our church. 2020 has been a challenging year, but I hope and pray that you have seen the faithfulness of God in your life as we have in ours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment