Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

March News!

We are on our third day of “spring”. The sun has been shining more, and it feels like perhaps the snow days are behind us. I think we are all ready for a steady stream of sunshine and some warmth to go with it. We are down to 46 days of school or approximately ten weeks. Normally, I’m not one to count down this far out, but it’s been a long year. We are looking forward to being together as a family, finding a new “normal” for us, finding a home, and just being done with school. God has been faithful though, and He continues to direct and lead us one step at a time. I don’t always like His timing, but I do know that it is perfect timing. 





Last week we had a short week of school and a few days of vacation. It was a glorious break as the month of March tends to be a bit long at times. The kids and I took a mini vacation with some friends from school. We went to New Hampshire to stay in a hotel and play at a water park. My kids had a lot more fun having some friends along than if it had just been “mom”. We enjoyed many hours at the water park, as well as laughter and fun. The Davis’ family was planning this mini vacation since last fall, and we decided to join them. Emma enjoys spending time with their daughters, and Garett and Chandler have especially enjoyed the opportunity to get to know Jonathan. It was a good few days away from “routine”. I’m thankful for friendships. 

The weather was beautiful, and I enjoyed the opportunity to have adult conversations. The boys are growing up, but they’re still not quite to adult conversation levels most of the time! We definitely missed Roger, and having dad along would’ve been a lot more fun, but we had a good time anyways. We left Wednesday after school, and we came home Friday. Garett and Chandler went to a teen activity with another local church on Friday night. They had a good time ice skating as it is one of their favorite activities. I’m thankful that the older boys were able to go with Jonathan and Zoe to the event as it’s  always fun to go with someone you know. 

On Saturday morning, I dropped the boys off at church for a men’s prayer breakfast. I took Travis and Emma and we went to have coffee at a friends house. Clearly, it’s a mom with young kids if we are having a coffee date before 8:00am on a Saturday morning! I’m thankful for a few women that have really reached out to me over the past six months to make sure I’m surviving. I’m thankful for deep theological conversations about God’s Word as well as sharing of burdens and lots of coffee and laughter. God has been faithful. 

While I’ve had some lonely moments, to be sure, God has always provided the right person at the right time. I’ve been “weary in well doing”, but God has carried me through. I’ve been frustrated and upset, and I’ve wondered if I’ve done anything right, but God has wrapped His loving arms around me and upheld us all. I’ve looked at our boys and wondered when they grew up so fast, but it’s a reminder to treasure every hug. Last fall, I would’ve said that I did not want to homeschool next school year, but now I can see that God has been working in my heart too. Our time left with our kids at home, under our roof, is literally flying by! I’ve been reminded of the brevity of life, and I just want to make sure that our children know that they are loved by an Almighty, Holy God who wants each one of them to live surrendered lives to Him. 

We had some excitement at our apartment on Sunday night. We had just finished up devotions, and we were talking to Roger on FaceTime, when the fire alarms went off. It was SO loud! All the alarms are connected, so it was very, very loud. We searched all over for signs of smoke or fire, and nothing seemed off. The alarm kept stating “Fire, Fire” and the red light was flashing which means ‘move to fresh air’. I called the person we are renting from, and we opened the windows. It was about 7:15pm, and the alarms could be heard out on the street. I was a little worried that someone was going to call the fire department for us, but I didn’t think there was a fire. Emma and Travis both found head phones to put on, and I decided to wash the dishes. Why? Well, because it was something to do while we waited for Jason to arrive to check out the alarms. While I was washing the dishes, Chandler came over to talk to me. “Mom”, he said sheepishly. “Yes?” I replied. Chandler said, “This is probably really dumb, and I’m probably way off…” “Um, okay…” I replied. Chandler continued, “The fire alarm can be set off by gases. I’m not sure if it was me, but I’ve had a lot of gas today. Did I set off the fire alarm?” I tried not to laugh outrageously as I replied, “That’s a different kind of gas. Carbon Monoxide is the gas that will set off the fire alarm, not a person’s personal gas.” I did about die laughing when I told Roger about it later. I’m thankful for laughter! 

We appreciate your continued prayers, as we navigate through some unknown “waters” again. God has always been faithful. I continue to rest in that. Our children, especially one middle child, could use your prayers as well. I often find myself tired, and that can affect my ability to parent well. I just want our children to know that God loves them, that they are uniquely created, and that living their lives for Jesus is the BEST way. The world is crazy and chaotic, but there is rest in Jesus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment