Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, March 12, 2022

“Mud Season” and Other Tidbits of News!



  “Mud Season”is here! This is the season between winter and the time that spring sunshine dries everything out! Our school playground is like one big muddle puddle, and I’m fairly confident that “mud season” is the favorite season of some of my kindergartners. We will probably still get more snow here, but I know that most of us are ready to greet spring!

We have eleven weeks left of school. I’m not generally someone who counts down days or weeks, but this year has been a year like none other. However, God has been good and faithful. He continues to show Himself strong. He provides grace when I want to open my mouth and scream. He created coffee and lots of it. Our children have been loving and forgiving even when I haven’t shown them Jesus. We look forward to being together as a family soon- God is good. Even when I don’t “feel” it, He is still good. 

This past week was a rough one for Travis. He had a rough Friday last week, and by the time he came home, he was upset and distraught. We sat together at the kitchen table for over an hour talking through something that had happened at school. At the end of the discussion, I decided I still didn’t know much and the picture was still unclear. I am not the parent who generally fires off emails to our kids teachers, but in this instance, I did. Travis’s teacher replied within the hour. His reply: “Please call me.” That’s an amazing teacher who is willing to have a parent call them at 7:30pm at night! Travis’s and Wyatt have been blessed to have a teacher that has been a gift to them and our family. I can so appreciate a teacher that really wants to “get to the heart of the matter”. As a parent, I can tend to make blanket statements too, such as “you all are lazy; no one is listening, etc”. And in my experience, it has never ended well. Generally they aren’t ALL being lazy, not listening, etc. but the squeaky wheel is the one driving the wagon master crazy! Anyways, it gave me great peace of mind to talk to his teacher. Roger and I are so thankful that he is the teacher for our sons. 

We currently live in town, in a smallish apartment, but it’s working. On Saturday, my friend, Allison, reached out to me to see if I wanted to meet her for coffee. One of the perks of living in town is being able to just walk over to meet a friend for coffee. Allison has been my friend for almost six years now- wow! We’ve had some “terribly good bad ideas”. The kinds that sound good as we talk about them, but then by the time the event rolls around, we are tired! :) But God is good. I will miss her when God moves us. 

The week was a long one, but we made it through. We were a bit short-staffed at school this week, but again, God was faithful. On Friday afternoon, I had kindergarten and first grade combined which is 25 kids. We’ve been talking about zoo animals in our science class, so we moved all the tables and chairs and sat on the floor. The students had a great time watching zoo videos and eating popcorn. They ate about four bags of popcorn and 2lbs of animal crackers! I would say it was a good afternoon. Did you know that an octopus has 3 hearts? Or that a blue whale can be up to 100 feet long? Or that there is such an animal as a sloth bear? It was fun to see the students engaged and still learning. 

We have a short week at school this upcoming week, and we are all excited about that! It’s kinda odd having a long weekend as we just had winter break three weeks ago, but I can tell the teachers are excited! Instead of having a week long spring break, we have two long weekends. One is during this upcoming week, and one will be over Easter weekend. March is a LONG month, so I’m happy to have a few days off. We have plans to do something fun with one of our friends from school, so that is adding to the excitement! Roger is also making plans to come home again, so we all look forward to those visits as well. And since we only have a little over two months left of school, soon we will be together again. 

We are so blessed. Really! We have a home, family, beds to sleep in, food to eat, people who love us, and a God who has given us the gift of eternal life. Even while the world goes crazy and then crazier, I can rest in the hope that my God sits on the throne of the universe. He is not worried about what will happen next. As we sing often in my kindergarten class, “He’s got the Whole World in His Hands”! 

We appreciate your continued prayers for our family as we navigate through uncertain waters. We know that God will continue to reveal His perfect plan. I’m not a huge fan of waiting, but it’s in the waiting that I am learning to rest in the Rock of my Salvation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment