Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, March 9, 2012

Only Four More “Sleeps”!

One tuckered out 'lil pumpkin
As some of you know, Roger has been away on a missions trip to Alaska. He left March 1 and will be back next Tuesday, and I can’t wait! I’ve always known that I married a great man, one who provides for his family, loves his wife and sons, would die to protect us, and helps me in a million and one ways. However, when he’s gone, I learn to appreciate him all the more! It’s the little things…helping with folding the clothes, giving the kids a bath, bringing in the groceries, that make me realize how much he really loves and takes good care of me.

I’m so thankful for this opportunity, both for him to go on this missions trip and for me to take care of the boys. It hasn’t been easy, and we’ve had our moments, but we’ve also made some great memories. The kids have probably eaten more hot dogs, mac and cheese, and cereal in this past week then in the past four months combined! It hasn’t hurt them, they haven’t complained, and we’ve “almost” survived the trip! I’ve done more on my own with them (out of necessity) but also out of a desire to get out of the house. We’ve gone to the library, swimming at the YMCA, grocery shopping, over to two different friends house (both of which were a HUGE encouragement to me), and finished up the “herby derby” cars for the Pinewood Derby at church on Saturday.

I’ve come to appreciate all the my husband does in a whole new way, and I love him all the more for it. In my case, “absence makes the heart grow fonder” is definitely true! I’m looking forward to having him back, having a conversation where I’m not asking “what did you say?” every five seconds, (the cell phone coverage from here to Alaska isn’t the greatest!), hearing about his experiences, watching the boys wrestle with their daddy (I definitely am lacking in that department!), and having some adult conversation every day again!


I’ve claimed the promise in Scripture that says, “when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” (Psalm 61:2) I have felt overwhelmed, but God’s grace is sufficient for what I need for today. It’s a promise I must claim daily and He has and will continue to sustain me…my heart is blessed. I’m so thankful for four beautiful boys to raise, to love, to challenge me to grow, and to make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment