Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Birthday, Birthdays, an anniversary and a wedding!

              Life doesn't offer a pause button, but if it did I'd be sure to use it at times! We've been busy with my baby turning two, and my oldest turning six...where oh where did time go??? We celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary in September, witnessed the wedding of Roger's younger brother, I helped with a Ladies Retreat at church, we had revival services with Tom Farrell, moved on to Missions conference, and started school with Garett somewhere in that list too!


Our anniversary weekend...same dress I wore for our honeymoon, seven years ago!
         We had a family get-together for Travis' birthday, and then Garett had a party with a few families over with their children. Garett asked for tacos for his birthday dinner, and he was SO excited to pick out his own birthday cake from Wal-mart. I did an interview with Garett and asked him a few questions. I saved the questions and hope to repeat them in future years to see how his responses mature and change.





Here are his responses:
 1) What is your favorite thing to do? "maybe....play outside"
 2) What is your favorite food? vegetables
 3) Who is your best friend? "uh...I don't know"
 4) What would be the best birthday present ever? "maybe this" (pointing to the airplane, he had just opened for his birthday)
 5) What is one new thing you learned this year? "maybe...school"
 6) What would you like to be when you grow up? "maybe..I don't know"
 7) If someone was to give you money for a birthday present, what would be the perfect amount? "maybe..twenty dollars".

My four little men...six, four, three and two!
I enjoyed listening to his responses, and I look forward too doing an interview with my other children on their upcoming birthdays as well.

          While life has been just a tad overwhelming these past few weeks, I 've been challenged to manage my time better and blogging hasn't been a priority. However, we have some big changes coming up for our family in the next few weeks and months, and I have been reminded by a friend that I need to get back at this. Stay tuned for new adventures within our family!




Family wedding...Roger's brother, Mark and wife, Allison
       

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! Glad you were able to take time to squeeze in a post!

    ReplyDelete