Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, October 23, 2012



The Robertson Family
 
Short-term mission trip to Manley Hot Springs, Alaska


 “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I: send me.”  Isaiah 6:8
Dear Family and Friends,
          As many of you know, this past March I was able to take a trip to Alaska. It was a short trip with Wings As Eagles ( a ministry out of our church, Wyldewood Baptist) geared toward evangelistic goals of reaching people with the gospel. There I strengthened a friendship with a missionary to the north, Earl Malpass. I was able to see his ministry, and God really gave me a burden to help this missionary friend. Not knowing what God had in mind, I returned home and my wife and I began to pray about what God would have us to do. We stayed in contact with Brother Malpass, and when he mentioned his desire to go on furlough, I felt God’s direction toward taking a short- term mission trip to help out his ministry while he and his family are away.
           My family and I are planning to head to Alaska at the end of November and return towards the beginning of February.  We will be staying in the village of Manley Hot Springs, which is about a five- hour drive from Fairbanks, Alaska.  Brother Malpass has established a small church family there, and we are looking forward to meeting the people of this community, working with them, encouraging them, and assisting in church services.  We are excited about this opportunity and are looking forward to seeing how God uses us. 
              We are in need of several things.  As we step out on this new experience, we need your help.  First of all, we ask that you pray for us. Pray for safety. Pray we will be a blessing to the people there. Pray that God would use our family for His glory. Pray that God would strengthen our family and give us clear direction for our future.  
Secondly, we are in need of a four-wheel -drive vehicle to use for our 10 week mission trip. It is costly to live in Alaska and in order to cut costs, we are planning on driving there.  We ask that you pray that God would allow us to find the right vehicle.
Thirdly, we are stepping out on faith, knowing that God will provide our needs. Would you be willing to consider giving a one-time monetary donation to help our family with the expenses of gas, a vehicle, and food? We would greatly appreciate anything that God leads you to give.  Any donations can be sent to our home church, Wyldewood Baptist Church. Please ear-tag it for the Roger Robertson family.
 Thank you for your prayers.  If you would like to receive updates and news about our trip, you can find it on our family blog… mudandmanners.blogspot.com. The updates will be sporadic as we will be able to update only when we can connect to the internet. Thank you and God bless. 
Roger, Sarah, Garett, Chandler, Wyatt, and Travis Robertson
 
This is the letter we sent out to family and friends to encourage them to pray for us as we step out on this new adventure. My heart is overwhelmed with the thought of this experience, and I am resting in God to take care of us, provide for us, and to change us more into His image for His glory through this trip.  I am excited about this opportunity, and as a family we are looking forward to this mission trip. The cabin we will be staying in is a dry cabin, which means it has electricity, but no running water! This will be a challenge for me...how badly do I need to go to the bathroom?! I have many questions about how it will all work out, but one thing is for certain...it will be interesting! Prayers are appreciated, and we love and care about you all.
Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment