Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Time?! Where does it go?!


Mud fight!
Honestly, it’s been soooo long since I wrote a post that I hardly know where to start! Chandler’s birthday party, Roger’s birthday, Wyatt’s birthday, Easter, Mother’s Day, the yard sale we had, our plans for the summer, the boys finishing school, the new things Emma can do, the mud fight we had…it’s hard to know where to start! J

Our older two, Garett and Chandler, finished school on May 2. We survived first grade and kindergarten due mostly to my mom’s ever enduring long suffering and patience when it came to helping out with schooling! It’s a relief and a blessing to have finished up the school year, although I’ve been having the boys read and practice math skills. J Wyatt still has about 12 days of 4K left, but he is anxiously looking forward to summer break as well!

My dad took the boys camping for an end of the year field trip, and the boys enjoyed fishing, four-wheeling, “mushmellows” (as Wyatt calls marshmallows) and a “bombfire” (bonfire J ). They came home happy and filthy, so it was a success. J
 
Our family!
We went to a wedding on Saturday, also my birthday, in Eau Claire, WI. After my cousin’s wedding, the older two boys headed to South Dakota for a few days with my sister. They are ecstatic and have shown no qualms about leaving their parents! J It will be nice to spend more one-on-one time with the younger three, although I will miss my two big boys…I’ll have to empty the trash, and fold the laundry next week! J I’m thankful that they have the opportunity to do something fun like this, but it’s a huge step for us as parents. Even though it’s my sister, the boys are still a reflection of our parenting, so it will be interesting to see how the week goes!


Our sweet Emma "Cake"
Mother’s Day was last Sunday, and Roger decided to take the family out to dinner. (Hindsight, we should have just gone home, since the boys were worn out from camping…but they did okay). Anyways, while we were at the restaurant, someone else told their mama, “Happy Mother’s Day”, to which Travis immediately replied, “It’s their Mother’s Day too?!”. J Thankful for the memories, and the dinner out, and the boys were delighted to take mom out for lunch…although, this mama would have been just as delighted with a nap! J  Also, on Mother's day, Chandler was baptized! Our sweet second son, asked Jesus to come into his heart on April 16, 2014. He's been talking about wanting to be baptized and even took the initiative to talk to our pastor himself. He was sure that this was the next step, and confident in getting baptized. I'm so thankful that it worked out for him to be baptized before Roger leaves for the summer!


Garett on Mother's Day
As the summer approaches, changes are coming for the Robertson family. Roger will be leaving on May 26th, Lord willing for flight training in North Carolina and then Florida. This is a big step for us, and we have lots to do in the final days. Please pray specifically for two things: 1) we will get approved for a loan to do this training  2) that the Piper Pacer will sell so we won’t need as much of a loan

Roger will be gone for a loooong time, and single parenting is not my forte, so I’d appreciate prayers. At this time, it looks like Roger will be back sometime mid-September. While we’ve prayed, sought Godly counsel, and prayed some more, this is a HUGE step for us. I’ll be parenting five young children by myself for 15 weeks, and while I’m better at being consistent than Roger on some things, Roger is far better at others! He’s their playmate, part of their stability, a core of their confidants, and a listener to fears and dreams…and so much more! Pray that I can adequately meet the needs of my children this summer…without losing patience and sanity! J

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment