Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, May 30, 2014

Answered prayer = long summer ahead!

Our Piper Pacer
As so many of you prayed, God heard your prayers along with ours. Roger sold the Piper Pacer airplane today, which means that a new chapter in our life-long journey has started! While I'm ecstatic that God answered our prayers, that didn't prevent my eyes from filling up with tears when it was time for Roger to head to Florida. Our second son, Chandler, has struggled with his daddy leaving ever since Roger talked to the boys about this summer. He's had a rough last couple of days, and could use some extra prayers. The boys are excited that Dad is going to flying school, but since their concept of time is limited, they have no idea what is ahead! :)

Several things that I'm thankful for: 1) God sold that airplane in His perfect timing. 2) Roger was able to find a car that seems to be dependable for all the traveling he'll be doing 3) That I'm blessed with five beautiful children and I won't need to worry about being bored while Roger is gone.

Today has been rough on all of us...it seemed like a much better idea for me to stay here in Wisconsin with the kids about three months ago! Now that it's here, I swamped with many doubts; however, I know the cost of living is high in Florida. I know that Roger would have a hard time studying in the evening with all our children. I know that I would face discouragement and hard struggles in Florida as well as Wisconsin, so it's best to stay here. Here I have extended family to help me, friends to encourage me, and  a church that loves our family.

On a different note, Roger has only been gone about 6 hours, and I've already managed to break the lawnmower! :) Hopefully, it's nothing big...it's just a funny noise and the engine keeps dying! :) And Wyatt finished 4K today! He's very excited to be done, and one of his brothers nearly had the poor kid in tears as they told him "Now you get to go to Kindergarten!".  He is not thrilled about more school, so hopefully, he'll be ready in three months! :)

Thank you all for your prayers,
Sarah



Travis

Rough day for little people

Daddy's little girl
Thankful for the memories


Wyatt's last day of school


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've been waiting for that news! What a relief and what a blessing to be able to put those funds towards flight school. Everything has a purpose and that little plane served it's purpose two ways! I know you will have so much love and support there at home. It will be end of summer before you know it... and then on to the next phase in this life shift. We will be praying for Roger as he goes thru training and for you and the boys and little sister while he is away. The future has begun :)

    ReplyDelete