Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

An Appraisal, a House Inspection, and a Yard Sale

I feel like I'm being pulled in 100 different directions these days, and sometimes I find it hard to focus! We are just a little over a week from our house closing, just at one week until Roger flies in, and two days away from trying to have the moving sale of the year! :)

My dad was able to purchase a trailer for us on Tuesday. This is a huge answer to prayer for us. We didn't have the capital to buy the trailer we needed until after the sale of our house. However, I'd like to started packing up what we need. My parents purchased the trailer for us, and we will write them a check after we sell our house. Renting a uhaul trailer was not an option simply because a one way trip to Page, Arizona would cost a base price of $592.00!!! Wow!! Anyways, God provided once again and we have a trailer sitting in our yard. The kids have been busy loading up all kinds of things that are important to them, so I'm sure this will be interesting! :) 

                         


Thursday, June 11
The days are picking up speed! I'm trying to get ready for a yard sale this weekend, finish the packing on the house, and coordinate all the last minute things that I need to do before next Friday! My friend, Gretchen, invited some moms to her house for a play date today. We were supposed to go to a park with a sprinkler system, but it was rainy. It was a good time of fellowship, even though I probably should've been working! :) 

                         
   

The appraiser also came out to our house today. He was sent from our buyers bank, and is assessing the property for the loan. I was not impressed! He stepped out of his nice Jeep vehicle and introduced himself. I had my five kids playing in the yard plus one extra boy that came over to play. After the introduction, he said, "well, I was going to ask if you have any animals...but..." And he gestured to the kids in the yard! I was in such shock that I didn't even know what to say! It appeared that he was comparing animals on the property to having children?! Wow! That comment ranks right up there with the lady who told me I breed children like rabbits! I don't consider myself to be someone who is easily offended, but I did stew over the apprasiers comment for a bit. Anyways...moving on! 

Friday, June 12,
An incredibly busy day that started out with speed, and the day only picked up speed as time progressed! I woke up early to get started setting up for our yard sale. I did put an ad on Craigslist; but with the weather being rainy and overcast, I wasn't sure how the day would go. At about 7:30 am., I got a text from our realtor asking if I had gotten her voicemail. I hadn't, but my phone does things like that. I listened to the voicemail and realized that the buyers for our property wanted a home inspection done on the house today! Since we close in a week, today was the last possible day to get a home inspection done. I was super annoyed since I can't be here during the home inspection, and I had a yard sale I was trying to run. The inspection was to take place at one pm. That meant I needed to get the yard sale set up, get the boys ready for their camping trip tonight, clean up my house, take down the yard sale by 12:30, and keep my sanity! My friend Gretchen was already planning on coming over this morning to help set up for the sale and to watch the kids while I put out the signs. Thankfully, she came around 9:00 to help out. She is an amazing friend! She helped with the kids, helped clean the house, helped me stay sane, and I am thankful! I took Chandler with me around 9:45 to go put our signs at the end of our road. Then we ran to our storage unit to grab the sleeping bags out of storage for the camping trip tonight. When I arrived back home, I realized that I had made plans to have a young mama and her kids over this morning. I had thought about it last night, but in the craziness of the morning- I forgot! I did have a good visit with Hannah even though it was a little crazy with lots of little children, mud, the yard sale, and trying to sell stuff. However, even in the midst of it all, God is good. Even though the sale was only open for about three hours, we did make $94.00. It's money that I didn't have before I started! :)

My parents are going camping tonight with several families from their church. They asked if the boys could come along, and they also wanted to take Emma! I agreed to let them take all the kids even though it was hard for me to let Emma go on her first camping trip without Roger or I along. I wasn't sure how I was going to get the kids to my parents on time and shut down the yard sale. However, Gretchen took the kids to my parents house while Hannah and I put away the yard sale stuff. I'm praying for a better day of sales tomorrow. I don't have a specific money goal, but I would like all the stuff that remains to fit in the back of the suburban to take to Good will. Everything is priced super cheap because I don't want to put it in storage, and I don't want to take it to Arizona. If we knew where we would be living long term or when I would see the stuff in storage again, I might keep it. But instead, we are trying to sell it!

Since I shut down the yard sale due to the home inspection, I had a couple of free hours this afternoon. I couldn't pack, I don't need to do any shopping, and I forgot the list of people and places I need to call at our house! So I made the one phone call that I had the number for, went to the bank, and then parked myself at my friend's house. I had such a good visit with her. I love my children so very much, but having some uninterrupted adult conversation was the best part of my day. We went for a long walk with her two small children, and then we were able to go out on an adult date with just us! Her husband kept their small chicken, and Jenna and I went to supper together. We laughed, talked about deep subjects, silly things, and how much we are going to miss each other. It's rare....very rare...that we get to have an adult time with just the two of us. I'm thankful that God gave me the opportunity to spend a few extra hours with her....even though I really wanted to have that yard sale! 

Although I'm missing our children tonight, and it's very different to have a night without them, I am soaking up the time with my close friends. God knew what I needed today even though I was upset at the time. He gave me one last free afternoon and said, "Go, my child, and enjoy."

Roger is flying quite a bit these days. We are thankful for each opportunity that God gives him to fly, and Roger is enjoying his job. We are looking forward to adjusting to our life together as one family again. We are under no illusions that it will be a walk in the park, but it's a challenge that we know is worth undertaking. 

Thank you all for your prayers. Please pray that we sell lots of stuff tomorrow!!

Saturday, June 13
I am tired! :) I got up early to get the yard sale set up. Even though I didn't have any children at home last night I still didn't sleep that great. I had everything set up and ready to go by eight am. The only thing was I that I was lacking customers! By 9:30, I had made .75! It was a little disheartening to say the least. However, I continued to work on the house packing. We are getting so close to being done that I feel like throwing everything in one box! 

The boys arrived home around 11:30 since the camping trip was cut short due to rain. I don't think the rainy weather was helping the yard sale customers to come out either! However, we did have customers on and off throughout the day and we made $98.00. And while that's not fabulous, it's money that I didn't have yesterday! :)

The boys had a good time on their camping trip with Papa and Nana, but they were disappointed by the rain. Emma was worn out from her camping adventure, and she fell asleep as they left the campground. I'm thankful that the boys have had these opportunities to spend with their grandparents.   I know my parents are going to miss them greatly, and that's hard on all of us. 

We had dinner at our neighbors house this evening. It was a delicious grilled meal! Kay and Jay were very thoughtful to invite us all over for dinner. The boys had a good time playing with their little boys, outside, and with someone else's toys! I am thankful for neighbors that are friends as well.

Roger flys into Milwaukee on Wednesday! We are all looking forward to that coming to pass! Next week is also Vacation Bible School at our church. I usually help with that event, and I do miss helping. However, I just don't know how much we will be able to help this year with the house closing on Friday. 

Apparently the house inspection went fairly well. There was one thing that came up and that was the furnace. They would like it to have a filter put and and be cleaned. We are still working thorough all the details, and I just want to be able to sign on the line on Friday! :) 

So, in a nutshell, that is what has been happening around here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment