Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, June 8, 2015

Housing in Arizona...a tent, a trailer, a house, a mobile home?

Praise the Lord and thank you for your prayers! God has heard our prayers, and He has given us an answer! 

As most of you know, we are closing on our house next Friday, but we didn't have a place to live in Arizona. Rent is very high, and we couldn't sign a year lease. Our options were limited to say the least, and both Roger and I have been praying fervently. We have a tent in storage, but I really don't want to camp for weeks on end in the Arizona sunshine! 

However, Roger spoke again with the company and explained our difficulties finding housing. At first they didn't seem that eager to help us out, but when Roger hinted that if his family wasn't able to find housing then he would be submitting his two week notice, they seemed to pay attention! Since they are already short on pilots, they agreed to discuss again if we could stay in the single wide trailer with Roger for the summer. Guess what? They came back to Roger and said, "yes"! We are ecstatic about this answer to prayer! Our continued prayer request is that they would allow us to stay there thru the end of the tourist season in November. They did agree to let us stay there, but only if they don't have pilots that need the housing. So, I'm praying that no one needs it until November. :) 

Yesterday was a busy day for us with church, Vacation Bible School training, evening church, and I even squeezed in a quick visit to see a friend in the hospital. After evening church, one of our teen girls, Harmony, agreed to watch our kids for a bit so I could run up to the hospital to visit my friend, Autumn. It was a quick visit, but we did manage to cover a wide variety of subjects in forty minutes! I'm glad that God is helping her get well, and she was released to come home today. God is good! 

This morning the kids and I went to visit our friend, Jenna. I managed to fit four bikes in the back of the suburban, and we took the kids on a walk to the park. Jenna and I could talk for hours, and God has blessed me with a great friendship. 

This afternoon, we had friends from out of town visit us. The Longsine family is in town for a few days, so Rebekah and the kids came over to play. Of course, the kids played in the water, created a fort, rode bikes, and managed to keep the injuries to a minimum. :) 

The house packing is coming along! I am down to the place where you just start to throw whatever is left into boxes. However, with this short term move to Arizona, we have to think thru everything we bring. So we have the rummage sale pile, the trash pile, the storage pile, and the Arizona pile! 

I packed up the rest of the kitchen today. We only have a silverware drawer and the pantry left to pack.  It was a bittersweet moment as I thought about the thousands of meals I have prepared for my family there, and the hundreds of meals that I have cooked either for company or to take to someone. Those days are behind me, and I won't cook another meal in this home again. We are down to sandwiches, cereal, oatmeal, and other such easy meals. Sometimes someone will invite us to their house for a meal or bring supper out to our house. Rebekah picked up the stuff for sub sandwiches tonight, so that was sweet of her. All the kids open the cabinets out of habit, and then  they ask where did everything go?! :) I hope that no matter where we go or where we end up that I can still bless someone by either taking them a meal or cooking for them in our home. I'm not the greatest cook in the world and my meals are simple and healthy, but I do enjoy those opportunities to serve. 

We are down to ten more nights before Roger flys home! The kids are counting down the days, and we are working hard at getting ready to go! We are looking into purchasing a trailer to take to Arizona. We need a trailer that we can put behind the truck to haul the bikes, extra household stuff, and the necessities of living. My dad has been doing some researching and looking for us, and I greatly appreciate that. 

Thank you for your continued prayers. 

                     
   


No comments:

Post a Comment