Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Preparing, Anticipating, and Waiting!

Another week has come and go, and we have successfully plodded through it. I would tell you about the highlights from last week, but I forgot to write them down. (Apparently, I didn't have that many!) 

I do remember that my favorite day from last week was Thursday. Why? Well, the boys and Emma went with my parents to a hotel to go swimming for a few hours. There is a hotel that allows people to come swim for several hours, and it's fairly cheap. Since my parents had the kids for a few hours, I snuck off to have a visit with my friend, Jenna. It's so hard to get together with schooling, nap times, living at someone else's home, and life. We talked for two hours, and it felt like ten minutes. We did get in a quick walk together, and I'm thankful that God worked it out for me to visit her.  My heart was encouraged and blessed.

As far as this week is concerned, it's been a bit challenging and a tad long. The boys will have off on Good Friday, but it's not Friday yet! Monday was a pretty nice day. We spent most of the day outside after our school was done. We had dinner at a friend's house. She watched my kids so that I could get in a quick run (I really miss those!), and I went to plasma to see if my protein levels are high enough now. It'll be a few days before they get back to me, so we will see. Monday was a full day, but it was a good day. 

Tuesday was not quite as nice outside, but we still spent a good portion of the day outside. My dad was able to take the boys fishing in the afternoon, but they didn't catch anything. I took Emma to run a few errands. Tuesday was a bit rough for Roger and I, as it was his birthday. Last year Roger was finishing up his instrument training in Florida, so this is actually the second year in a row that we haven't been together on his birthday. However, the company did buy everyone pizza because of Roger's birthday, and they had cake! My sister, Hannah, and her husband, Josh, had Roger over for supper. Hannah is a great cook, and I know Roger appreciated a home-cooked meal. (Roger has been doing his own cooking which he's not bad at). But because  of our budget, he has eaten a lot of tuna and eggs! It was hard for me to not be around for his birthday, but we survived the day. 

And then we had snow! Wyatt had a dentist appointment early on Wednesday morning. We were home again before the snow started falling. Although I am definitely ready for spring, the boys are certainly not minding the snow! They stomped around outside for a good portion of the day, and helped my dad fix JoEllen's pen so it would be warmer. I'm not sure if everything caught up with me today or what, but I was an emotional basket case! I'm thankful that tomorrow is a new day!

Also, Roger did get some fabulous news on Wednesday. He had an appointment with a bank there in Maine. We were both praying hard about this meeting as we need to get some pre-approval papers so we can start looking at homes in the area. God really showed Himself strong to us, and He put all the pieces smoothly in place. In less than an hour, Roger had the papers he needed! We are rejoicing in the fact with we can move forward with looking at homes. I believe we have found a realtor to help us as well. Someone that the company knows is a realtor specializing in homes under 200k. Um, yes! Definitely our price bracket and then quite a bit down from there, please! Please, please pray that God will direct us to the right home for our family as we wait for His timing!

Thursday was our last day of school for this week as we are having Friday off. We are all looking forward to the longer weekend! Garett and I had lunch with a gal from our church, Tressa. It was a good opportunity to visit and for me to have a little bit of one on one time with Garett. 

Friday was a full day for us. Wyatt decided to go with my dad out to the farm to help with chores. (My dad has been going out to help every day for the past three weeks.) The other boys decided not to go, but they might've gone out to the farm if they had known that I was going grocery shopping! My mom and I finished planning out the menu for Sunday, and then I took the four kids with me to the grocery store and a few other errands. We still have Roger's birthday present to mail, and then I forgot to mail it! We had a good time together even if grocery shopping isn't their favorite thing! I do so love these kiddos! This time without Roger has been hard on all of us, but I'm especially seeing it in my children. 

After grocery shopping and having lunch together, we came home to play outside for a while. Since the snow is melting again, we now have lots of mud...again! Oh well.  It bothers my parents far more than it does me. I haven't decided if that's because I care less, have just gotten used to it, or what. However, we are trying to stay picked up and cleaned up, which is a challenge. 

Saturday: We spent the day outside, having an egg hunt with some friends, coloring eggs, and having dinner at the neighbors house. I also got a call from the plasma center. I failed my blood protein test again, so I won't be donating for a while. And such is life... I'm tired! 
                      
    

Update from Roger: 
Roger called me on Saturday morning to let me know that he wasn't going to be able to go with the realtor we had thought we would go with. When I asked why, he replied that the man had passed away! I guess he had been sick for a while, and then unexpectedly passed away last night! We are praying for the family, but also for us to find another realtor! 

Roger is throughly enjoying working for this company, and it's a delight to hear him so excited about his job. It's hard to be in this pattern of waiting, but God knows. 

Wyatt will be having surgery on Monday to remove the lump on his leg. We would certainly appreciate your prayers for that event. 

It looks like Roger has been able to contact another realtor and will be looking at a house on Tuesday. Please pray for direction and wisdom. Also please pray for our family. I have some things that are heavy on my heart, and I need extra wisdom and discernment. 

Thank you.

One last note: Today we celebrated Resurrection Sunday! Oh, how I praise the Lord that Jesus Christ has risen from the dead! It was a joyful day as we had a great service at church this morning, lunch with many friends and family, and church at my parents church tonight. This Sunday was a little bit harder than average as it is such a family day, and I desperately missed Roger today. Talking on the phone is never the same as in person, and there are real struggles involved in communicating effectively. Imagine how hard it is to communicate face to face, now times that several times over and you can picture the challenges. However, God is so good to us! 

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment