Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Surgery and House-Hunting 101

Monday: 
Wyatt had his surgery today to remove the lump in his leg. We had to be at the hospital by 6:45 am., and Wyatt's biggest annoyance was that he couldn't have anything to eat or drink. The surgery went really smoothly, and it only took about 35 minutes. The waiting before hand and the recovery afte were both longer periods of time. Wyatt did much better with the sedation this time as far as his recovery out of it. He didn't experience the headaches or the crabbiness that he had when he was sedated for the MRI. 

The nurse said that because of the sedation, Wyatt should rest for the rest of the day and not ride his bike. She offered Wyatt apple juice and Popsicles, both of which he took willingly. When the hour was up, we were free to go home. She asked if Wyatt would like a wheel chair ride out to the car, or if he wanted to walk. He quickly snatched up the offer for the wheelchair ride! He obviously didn't need to ride in the wheel chair as he had been walking around the recovery room just fine. However, he's never had a wheel chair ride, so he thought that was cool. We had just gotten in the vehicle, and Wyatt announces that he is starving and what can he eat! The nurse had said that the medication might make his stomach upset, but Wyatt didn't seem phased by that! I gave him some food, and then we went home. Once at home, I had to remind him that he couldn't ride his bike or climb stuff today. He immediately went inside to tell his brothers that he got to ride in a wheel chair and to show them his cut! 

Trying to get Wyatt to rest and take it easy was like trying to wrestle the honey pot from Winnie the Pooh-what a bear!! He watched a movie for about twenty minutes and then wanted to go outside. I told him he needed to wait a little longer as we had only been home a little over an hour. However, I went outside to help Emma with something and when I came back in Wyatt had stacked the couch cushions and was jumping off the couch onto the cushions! I asked him if that hurt to which he replied, "No, should it?" I don't know, I just assumed people that had surgery on their shin didn't go around jumping off of stuff!  Finally, I sent him outside with the reminder to not ride his bike! The nurse had said that the biggest risk of infection is in the 24 hour window so the wound needed to stay clean and dry...I would be doing good if it stayed shut! 

We survived our "rest" day without very much rest! Needless to say, he is fine! Wyatt's speech teacher from last year had heard about his surgery and she sent him a big box of goldfish and a sweet card. I'm thankful for those that encouraged and prayed for us through this adventure. I think it's behind us now, and the surgeon did call to say that it was benign just as they had thought. 
                     
     

And the house-hunting? 
Well, honestly, I'm a bit discouraged about that. Roger had two houses lined up to look at on Tuesday, but one went under contract on Sunday and the other went under contract on Monday! The realtor did spend six hours with Roger on Tuesday looking at various properties and showing him what's available. However, at the end of the day, he came away feeling like he had seen everything in our budget! If it's a good property, it goes off the market like a fire cracker. There are also houses that have been on the market for years, which leads you to wonder what's wrong with it! Waiting is hard, but I know that God can do exceeding abundantly above all that I ask or think! (Ephesians 3:20) 
Roger looked at a few other homes later in the week, but nothing has jumped out at him. The house is either big and the yard small, or the house small and the yard big, or it needs updating! I sent Roger pictures of one house, and Roger went and looked at it. He said the house would be perfect for Thanksgiving because he thinks that's where the first Pilgrims ate! Obviously, we know our history, but basically he was saying the house needed some major updating! So, we are waiting for God to once again show Himself strong.

We've survived five weeks without Roger, and what a challenge! I'm so thankful to hear Roger talk about his job with joy and excitement! He is really enjoying working for this company, and I know that God will continue to direct our steps. 

On Thursday is rained...all...day. By about three o'clock I realized that the boys needed an activity. So I decided to take them up to the mall and Sam's Club. They did very well at Sam's Club and they like to go there. Why? Because of the food samples, of course! My children go to the mall for one reason...to shoot targets at the sporting goods store! I wouldn't have minded walking around and going in a few stores, but we went to the sporting goods store first. They have a target scene set up and you can shoot targets with the guns...fake ones, of course! However, after I had given the kids tokens to play the games, we realized that two of the guns did not work. Chandler politely went up to the sales associate and explained the situation. She came back with enough tokens for everyone to play the game two times! That was a lot of fun for the kids. I would've made several dollars if I had a dollar for every time someone asked if these were all my children...yes, they are! We probably were a bit of a sight with Emma in her carrier on my back and the four boys following along like ducks...oh well! We had a good time together, and it was something fun for everyone to do. 

My parents left on Thursday for a trip to the south. My dad is going to Haiti, and my mom is visiting her family in North Carolina. It's a nice break for all of us from each other, but I do love my parents. This is a busy week with a trip to Madison on Wednesday with Travis. He needs to see a pediatric dentist, and this is our first appointment. Travis is already nervous, so I'm praying that God will calm his heart. We also have school, and taking care of JoEllen, and all the other duties of life, so it will be a full week. 


God is good. 


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment