Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, March 6, 2016

A week of Appointments, an Ultrasound, an X-ray, and Life! (I'm not pregnant!)

Woohoo!! We survived another week without Roger! The week has been full of appointments, a pulled tooth, an ultrasound, and X-ray, celebrating Papa's birthday, school, and other moments! The last time I checked, we were all still sane (although that is debatable!). 

I took Wyatt to his doctors appointment on Monday. After asking a bunch of questions, the doctor asked if I specifically remembered any incidents where Wyatt might have injured that leg. I looked the doctor in the eye and replied, "Wyatt is one of four boys! If I kept a record of every incident and bruise, I could write a 300 page book by now!" The doctor laughed and agreed with me. :) Since the doctor was unsure about the lump, he decided to send Wyatt to have an ultrasound and X-ray done. So off we went to the hospital. Wyatt did very well at the ultrasound and sat still. After she put the goop on his leg and took a bunch of pictures, she said, "Okay, Wyatt, you did great!" Wyatt looked at her and replied, "Yes, but the lump is still there!" Wyatt clearly expected the lump to be gone after the ultrasound and he didn't think she did a good job! (It was a fun memory!) The doctor called back that evening to say that the ultrasound and X-ray did not reveal exactly what the lump is, but it did reveal what it is not. It has blood flowing to it, and the doctor would like to have an MRI done on it. So, Wyatt is headed to have an MRI done on Thursday, March 10. Because of the length of the MRI, and his age, Wyatt will have to be sedated for the MRI. I wish that Roger could be here, but I think it will be just fine. We'd appreciate your prayers. 

On Tuesday, we celebrated Papa's birthday. He took everyone to Pizza Ranch, which was enjoyed by all! I think the food could be awful, and I'd be fine with it. It means that I don't have to make a meal or clean up! :) 

On Wednesday, Chandler had a dentist appointment. Travis's tooth pain seems to have gone away,at least for the moment, so I'm hoping that he can make it until his appointment on April 6. Chandler was to the dentist to have a filling put in a cavity. However, they discovered that one of the fillings from a cavity had come out, and the tooth was decayed and infected. So Chandler ended up getting a back tooth pulled. Lest you think we don't take care of our teeth around here, we do! It just seems like if it's not one child, it's another! Oh well! 

On Thursday the surgery center from the hospital called. Since Wyatt will have to be sedated for the MRI, he will have to have a pre-surgery physical. We will have to be at the hospital on Thursday by seven am., and it's about forty-five minute drive from our house. I can see Wyatt being super annoyed that he can't have anything to eat or drink when he wakes up...this could be interesting! Although I'm really not too nervous about the MRI, I do miss Roger at moments like these! 

Wyatt had his pre-surgery physical on Friday. Since we were going to meet up with some friends for lunch after the appointment, I took all of them with me. They did very well at the doctors office, and the doctor said that he could feel four sets of eyes on him with every move he made. We have a great children's doctor, and I am very thankful for him. He does a good job with the kids, and they seem to like him. After the appointment, we met up with some friend for lunch. The kids had a great time playing together, and it was a good opportunity for me to fellowship with my friend. 

On Saturday my dad took me to breakfast. Growing up, breakfast with dad usually meant he had something on his mind. It was hard to get past the fact that he just wanted an opportunity to see how things are going and to see what our plans for the future are. It was a good visit, and I'm glad we did it. After breakfast, my mom, Emma, myself, and two gals from my parents church, took a visit out to some Amish stores. It was a good time of company, while my dad took the boys to the park to snowboard. Everyone came home ready for showers, supper, and bed! 

Oh, how I miss Roger! We are doing well, I think, but this  is hard. My parents would like 
to see us stay here until the school year is over;  after thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense.  We are slated to be done with school around the second week of May, so that's only a few weeks away. It will take some pressure off of Roger to "hurry up and find a house", and we will be able to finish out the school year. Although this probably isn't my first choice, we do want to make sure we are in the center of God's will, and we need His hand of direction to find a place to live. Roger has looked at several properties, but nothing is jumping out at him. I found a property online that I wanted him to look at and he did. However, it was on a five acre parcel of land, but the state prison was just beyond those five acres! I realize the prison has to be somewhere, but I'd prefer it not be that close to me! It appears that most people are looking in our budget, which means that the properties that we can afford tend to fly off the market. Howeve, God has His hand in this as well, and He will continue to guide and direct. 

One thing that God continually brings to my mind is how good He is to me. I am one blessed mama to have these five children. Although these last two years have been far from ideal, Roger and I have grown more committed and faithful to each other and the Lord.  I've been studying the passage in Ephesians chapter three, and I am claiming the promise of Scripture in verse 20. God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. How awesome is that!! And for whatever He chooses to do,  I'll give Him the glory. Have a blessed week! 

                               
                              Emma talking to Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment