Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

An update on The Haiti Missions Trip- Jehovah Jireh!

Sisters! 


“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Matthew 7:7

“Pray without ceasing.” I Thessalonians 5:18

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things ,which thou knowest not.” Jeremiah 33:3

Truly we serve an amazing God, and I am here to write and sing His praises! Jehovah-jireh (the Lord will provide) provided above all that I could ask or think!

When I wrote last week about my upcoming Haiti trip, I included the opportunity for people to give should they feel the Lord leading them to do so. Roger and I had also long ago decided that we weren’t going into debt for this missions trip so if necessary the funds would come from our emergency funds. However, when God made a path clear last week, He left no room to doubt His plan! People from all over the United States gave money towards this trip! Friends and family from    Alaska, Connecticut, Wisconsin, and South Carolina gave towards this missions trip! I don’t know what the God has planned for this trip in February, but He intends for me to go and not worry about the financial aspect! To each one who has given a gift, told me they were praying that God would meet our needs, and loved us, I offer you my heartfelt and sincere thanks. And God answered my prayers above all that I could ask or think!

 My friend, Emelie, texted me on Friday morning to tell me that someone had donated $200.00 towards my missions trip! Wow! That’s a significant amount of money! But before I could get over that shock, she texts me again to say that someone had donated...wait for it...over $600.00 for my trip! At the time, I was running a few errands with Emma. We had stopped to pause in the toy aisle at the Dollar Tree. Emma wanted to know why the toys were making me cry! I was just so incredibly overwhelmed by God’s goodness to me, that my eyes overflowed down my cheeks! Every amount given helps in a tremendous way, but that was a gift that surpassed my knowledge!  Emelie just told me that the donor wanted to remain anonymous, but they had a great love for Haiti and for me! I mean, I can think of lots of people that might love me, but that’s a gift that God just allowed to be given to me simply because He is God. He uses His faithful children to bless others and even though I might have been a little FAITHLESS, He chose to bless me. I am thankful for all those that are willing to use their hard earned dollars to give towards a missions trip because they know that’s what God wants them to do. Amazing!

I am leaving with my sister, Hannah, her husband, Josh, and another gal from Maine on February 4, 2018. It takes a while to get anywhere from Maine even if you are flying, so we leave on Sunday afternoon but we won’t arrive in Haiti until Monday afternoon. We will be returning to Maine on February 14. It will be a busy and full ten days, but I am so excited about returning and seeing what God has to teach me and show me on this trip.

Roger will be flying solo in Maine with our five children, so he could use your prayers! Don’t get me wrong, he’s an amazing daddy! But...we do have five kids! I am working on a meal menu and plan for while I am gone. Chandler has already told me that he will do the grocery shopping while I’m gone (um...he might need Roger to drive him to the store!) Garett told me that he would try to remember to empty the dishwasher but he’d really like to not be the one to make the food! “But I’ll eat whatever is cooked,  Mom”, he told me! They will do just fine. They probably won’t eat as many fruits and vegetables as when I’m home, but neither will they go hungry. My biggest need is to try to coordinate child care for Emma on the days that Roger needs to work...how on earth do families with  both spouses working figure all this stuff out?! (I know...it becomes routine and habit!) I tend to be a very organized person as in numbering the frozen meals in the freezer with which one is to be eaten when, and Roger tends to be more of a look in the freezer thirty minutes before supper kind of guy! It’s hard to believe, but Chandler is all over this cooking and food preparation. He sat and made a list of easy meals that he or Roger can make and gave me suggestions on what we could make for freezer meals. They will be fine! Emma has been praying for the babies in Haiti, and that Aunt Hannah can help them be healthy. When I told her that mom was also going to Haiti again to take care of the babies, she replied, “No, I’m the baby. You’ll have to take care of me!” However, when I mentioned that perhaps she could go play at her friend Sadie’s house while I’m gone, she wanted to know if I was leaving tomorrow! I am thankful for friends in our area that had asked how they can help, or pray specifically, pick up kids from school, or other things that are needed! I know that we serve a God who is taking care of the little needs in our lives as well, and that my children and husband are just as protected and loved here as I am in Haiti.


We serve such a faithful and amazing God! I hope that you have been blessed by reading about His faithfulness. I know that when I am old, I will never regret the time that I took to write all these memories down and to be able to reflect on all that He has done for me. I am truly just in awe of His goodness and faithfulness to me. My prayer is that God will use me mightily on this missions trip this year.

For His Glory,
Sarah

This song is one of my favorites. I pray that it will bless you too.

https://youtu.be/HGpu6QBUz7M


 
This wonderful lady, Debbie, is also returning to Haiti this year! 

 Love these sweet children! 

 Debbie, Emelie, and myself on last years trip 


No comments:

Post a Comment