Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Family, Memories, and Camp!


 


 



 

I’m sitting here writing this post after a wonderful week with my sister, Jenn. The boys and Emma were sad to say good bye to her this afternoon, but it’s nice to know that we will see her in a few weeks. In just two weeks we will be heading out to Wisconsin, and then on to South Dakota for Roger’s Family reunion! The kids are very excited about all these exciting events, and I am too, but it also signals that summer is coming to a close way too soon! All the back to school displays are out, and I feel like an ostrich wanting to bury my head in the sand! Emma is already looking forward to going back, but the boys are not ready, not ready at all! Travis told me that he thought he would be done with school now that he’s finished first grade. I gently pointed out that he has a few years to go yet in School, to which he replied, “I’ll just let Wyatt learn it and then ask him!” Sorry to disappoint, my man, but off you go to school in about five weeks!

Garett is at camp this week! He was very excited to go, but it was made even better by the fact that his friend, Josiah, was also going to camp. Roger had off on Sunday (the first Sunday all month), but we had to leave before church was over. It’s a bit over three hours up to the camp, and registration was on Sunday afternoon. God worked out all the details in perfect order as only He can do. Jenn and I sang special music on Sunday, and then Jen stayed for church with the other kids. Roger, myself, Garett, and two other children headed off to camp. We took Roger’s little Honda car, which isn’t much to look at, but it did get 42 MPG on the trip! Garett sat next to one window, and Josiah sat next to the other window. The girl that came with us to camp sat in the middle, and she chatted most of the way to camp! I had to laugh because when had traveled over an hour, she was still talking while Josiah and Garett had said about fifteen words each! Roger and I were impressed with the camp, the organization (I like that part!), the staff, and the way things seemed to be run. I’m praying that Garett will have a great week, and that God will work in his heart. Roger and I both have a love for camp ministries as we both grew up either going to camp or being a part of camp. And then...we had the whole trip back with just us in the car! I think we had more conversations on that trip than we’ve had in quite a while! I’m thankful that Jenn was here this week as none of our other children were eager to drive up to camp. Someone else is picking up Garett and the others on Friday, so that is a blessing.

Also this past week, we spent over five hours at the beach one afternoon! Roger was working, but Jenn and I took the tribe! We packed a whole bag of food, and figured it was time to go home  when there was nothing left but crumbs! The kids were in and out of the water (ocean water), playing in the sand, having water gun fights, and playing cards. It was such a relaxing and fun afternoon!

We also went on several walks with Aunt Jen, ate at the fancy dining establishment of McDonald’s, enjoyed playing games together, and just having a good time together. On Saturday we went up to Hannah and Josh's house for dinner and fireworks. Their area town was celebrating its anniversary, so they had a firework display. It wasn’t as good as last years fireworks, but maybe they blew their budget for this year as they did light the woods on fire last year! The kids were tired, and it was a long day, but it was an opportunity to spend time with family. These are important moments.

Yesterday I played the piano for a funeral. The mom of one of our teachers at our school had passed away last week. I had been asked if I would play the piano and it was an honor for me to do so. I had never met this woman in person, but after listening to the testimonies of her life, she was truly a Proverbs 31 woman. It was a good reminder to live my life for His Glory. I’m not going to care what people say at my funeral as I’ll be in the presence of the Lord, but wow...I certainly want to leave a testimony that points to Jesus and a legacy behind! The church building reminded me a bit of the church building where my dad is the pastor. It’s a small building, tiny congregation, but clearly a church that preaches Jesus. It was an honor to be a part  of that very special service.

Yesterday afternoon Jen, Hannah, and I were able to get away for a few hours by ourselves after the funeral. We enjoyed our time out together, eating supper and visiting together. Family is such a blessing, and I’m thankful for family.

It was a full, but very good week! The time with Jen passed by so quickly, but I’m thankful that she was willing to make the effort to come out here. I’m sure she is looking forward to getting home to sleep in her own bed, and not hear footsteps in the morning of little people at 5:30!

In closing, I have much to be thankful for this week. It was a fun and full week! What are you thankful for this week?

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of Lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment