Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Lake Days! Family Time!

Last week we were able to get away for a few days to a cabin on a lake. We are blessed to have wonderful friends who allowed us to use their cabin for a few days. Hannah and Josh were able to come to the lake also, along with my sister Jenn. There is no television, no internet, and minimal distractions at the cabin. We visited, played games, spent a LOT of time outside, went tubing, waterskiing, and used the paddle boards. Roger drove the boat, and we found some water skies in a  closet. I told the boys that I would try waterskiing, and their mouths dropped incredulously. I have water skied before...um, a very, very long time ago. But since the boys seemed to think it highly unlikely that their mama could do it, I was determined to give it my very best shot! I got in the water, put on the skies, waved to Roger that I was ready, and away we went! And....I did it! I got up on the skies on the first try!! I have to admit that I even shocked myself!

It was a wonderful few days, and we truly treasured our time there. The kids made memories that they will look back on as they continue to grow, and we invested in their lives in an important way. We went up on Wednesday afternoon, and we came home on Saturday afternoon. Roger had to work on Wednesday, so Jenn and I went up with the kids. Roger was exhausted from seven straight days of work, so he decided to come up on Thursday morning after a good nights rest. He brought up the boat with him, and we had such fun! We took a trip on Friday afternoon in the boat to get ice cream, and that was a special treat for our children. I soaked up their dirty faces, delighted eyes, and sun-kissed skin. I sure do love these children that God has entrusted to us!

I had been asked to play the piano at a different church on Sunday, and when the secretary sent me  the list of songs, I wasn’t familiar with some of them. When we arrived home on Saturday afternoon, I went to get the music and then headed right to our church to practice for a bit. Anything that is in a     hymnal I can usually figure out fairly quickly (and I generally know all of those). However, the newer  contemporary choruses can be a bit trickier for me. I wouldn’t say that I’m an overly talented piano player so I actually have to work quite a bit to figure it out all correctly. That was a bit of a challenge as I was short on time! However, the church was very gracious and kind. I enjoyed the Sunday morning and Sunday night service. Roger was working so he was unable to come with us, but the messages were very good. My heart was blessed and encouraged. The pastor spoke on one of the fruits of the spirit on Sunday night. He spoke on the fruit gentleness. These fruits of the spirit are evidences of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, and I was convicted of how much I need to ask God to give me the spirit of gentleness. Sometimes I am not gentle in my dealings with my children, my spouse, or  around me. Yet this is a fruit that can also help point people to Jesus! I need to be gentle as it is a reflection of Christ in me. It’s easy to get sharp with my kids, respond grouchily to the 100th question, or be irritated at what they are doing. But...do I respond with gentleness? It was a good message. I’m glad God brought me to church to hear His Word preached. And I am thankful to be asked to play the piano and use whatever ability God has given me for His glory.

Okay, enough writing...I have lots of pictures to share!
 

     

    

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment