Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, May 6, 2019

Blessings and Our Children’s Requests

Here we are in May already! I feel like I just posted that we were now in April!! May and June are the crazy, busy downhill, all-out race to the finish line of the last day of school! The kids are ready to be done;  the teachers are quickly approaching that point also, and it looks like we might even get a few days that feel like spring!

Last week we had a lot of rain (again). However, God gave us many blessings last week also. The kids had been praying specifically about some recess/playground situations at school. As their parents  we had the opportunity to help them work on their attitudes, be respectful, and pray about the situation. As the students, it is there job to honor and respect their authorities. As their parents, it’s our job to help them with their situations. God provided opportunities for both of us. I was delighted to hear the kids come home one day later in the week and describe to us their excitement over how God answered their prayers. It was exciting to hear them praise the Lord in their prayers over how He had answered them.






I had the unexpected opportunity to accompany Wyatt and Travis’s class on a field trip to the candle making shop. I had not planned on going on this field trip simply because well, I do a lot already...and Roger was working....so Emma was with me! However, my friend, Claire, called me to see if I could drive as there was an issue with one of the vehicles  that was supposed to take the children. As I usually do in a pinch, I called Roger! Rogers boss graciously offered to let us use a van for the field trip. Emma was able to come with me, and the problem was solved! It was a fun field trip to learn about hand dipped candles, and all the work that goes into that process! The shop even let the children pour a candle, and it was so fun for them.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the Patriotic Program next week. I envisioned this easy and simple plan, but it’s not been quite as simple as I dreamed! The students are doing a fantastic job of memorizing songs, poems, Bible verses, and handbell pieces. This will be an event to honor our veterans and those that have served in the Armed Forces as well as a time to point people to Jesus  through this program. I’m thankful that our pastor is willing to share the Good News that Jesus came  to seek and to save us from our sins at every opportunity. I would appreciate your prayers as I work through many small but important details over the next ten days. We live in a great country, and we are so blessed to  be Americans!

Allison and I were able to squeeze in a coffee date on Friday, but it was more of an “errand” date. We had to buy some things for teacher appreciation week this week, purchase a few things for hot lunch, and the time flew by! I told Allison that it really wasn’t a good date, and we needed another one  soon!

After hot lunch, Claire and I planted succulents for the teachers appreciation week. Claire had found that little pots, and we were able to get the job done quickly. The parents group has something planned for the teachers every day next week. (May 6-10) We are giving them plants on Monday. We are having a teacher luncheon on Tuesday. On Wednesday we have coffee gift cards for each teacher.  Thursday will be a breakfast. And on Friday we have made baskets of goodies and treats for each teacher. Being small in number in the parents group means that I have the opportunity to both help and be on the receiving end of the gifts.

Saturday morning found us at the church for a work day. People came out in droves to help us clean up the church yard, pick up trash, and clean windows! Okay, that’s a lie, but it was still a productive morning! We had about eight kids (five of them being ours) and about seven adults. However, the spirit of unity was present. It really was a good morning. The kids were thrilled to have donuts and chocolate milk as a reward for their labor.

Chandler had been invited to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. I knew Allison was planning to take her daughter, so I originally planned to drop chandler off and go grocery shopping. But God had  other plans. When I dropped off Chandler, I just felt such a sense that I should stay at the party. It was
 held at an indoor gym place, and Chandler was excited to go. Another mom from the school came also, and it was a sweet time of visiting as the kids played at the party. It really was a good use of my time, and Chandler told me that he was glad that I had stayed at the party. (Even though then he had to go grocery shopping afterwards!)

A few blessings from this week:
1) We wrapped up our children’s program at church. I was able to find an app that allowed me to design my own certificates for the children in my group. I wanted to give them a small gift, but we are on a limited budget. I decided to see if McDonald’s would give me coupons for ice cream cones. The first McDonald’s we went to was unable to help me as the store manager wasn’t available. Chandler and I decided to ask at the other McDonald’s in the next town. The manager was helpful and offered to go and look for some coupons. She found ten coupons for free ice cream. Guess how many coupons I needed?! Yes, ten! Praise the Lord!

2) We had a prayer breakfast on Sunday morning at church. We also had a little continental breakfast before the prayer meeting. Our children are FAR from perfect,  but it was a special blessing to me to see them wait for the older folks in church to go through the food line first. Far too often, it seems that children are rushing to be the first in line for dinners...and it drives me crazy! Even if...that’s a big if...we did run out of food before the children got in the line, they still would not starve.   It’s taken literally years of work, but I was delighted to not have to remind the kids to wait for the older folks...they did it in their own.

3) Someone gave a generous gift of money towards our children’s school bill! It is a great and wonderful privilege for our children to attend the Christian school, and I am just in awe of how many ways God has provided for their education! God is so good!

4) I wrote down four blessings, but now I can’t remember what this one was. So I’ll close with just how wonderful God is to us. He bountifully bestows His blessings on His children. His mercies are new every morning, and Great is His faithfulness!

I will be playing the piano for another local church on Sunday. While I enjoy this opportunity, I am always a bit nervous about messing up some of the songs. Please just pray with me that God will be glorified.

Our love,
Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment