Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Blueberries, Basements, and Birthdays!


 Emma went to a yard sale with me, and she found a scooter for her dolls. The lady gave it to Emma for free because it was her birthday! Emma was thrilled! 
    Mini golf! A fun time with friends! 
Fun at the lake! 
Blueberries! 
At the blueberry farm

I must work quickly if any blueberries will make it to the freezer! 

 In the past few days, we went to the lake with some friends. Garett, Chandler and I helped clean out a basement for one of our teachers. One of our teachers at school resigned.The school board hired a new administrator.  I went to a ladies fellowship at church and enjoyed mini golf, food and fellowship. I ordered twenty pounds of blueberries. Emma’s seventh birthday is today! The last few days have been full! 


The kids and I enjoyed a morning at a lake on Thursday morning. It was a great time of informal visiting and watching our kids play in the water. Bethany’s children are returning to the school were our children attend, and we are excited about that! I also took Garett on a drive to get some ice skates for this winter. He found a good deal on Facebook marketplace, but it was a drive to get the ice skates! However, it was an opportunity for some one-on-one time with Garett, and I want to soak up those times these days. It also meant time away from many, many projects that I need to work on, but one thing at a time. I am excited about teaching kindergarten this fall, but it’s new territory for me. However, God’s has given clear direction thus far, so I know I can continue to trust and lean on Him. 

On Friday morning I arranged with one of our teachers at school for some of us to come over to help carry some stuff out of her basement. I was able to borrow a truck from Roger’s work, and my friend, Ashley, graciously agreed to watch our youngest three children. So I dropped three kids off at Ashley’s house, went to pick up the truck from work, went to clean the basement, back home to drop off the stuff that needed to be hauled to the dump, and back to pick up our three other children....some days it’s s wonder I can keep track of my head -oh, wait, it’s attached! Our friend and teacher was happy to have some help, and I’m thankful that Garett and Chandler were willing to take many trips out of the basement. Chandler was excited because he loves to look through stuff-junk-free piles-anything! Mrs. Chamberlain told him that whatever he wanted from the stuff in the basement, he could have. That made for one happy boy! 


Friday evening brought about the opportunity to attend a ladies fellowship. Several of us met before supper to play mini golf. I am terrible at mini golf, but that’s okay! We laughed and enjoyed the time together. It was a sweet time of food, fellowship, prayer and songs. The songs sounded especially beautiful to me as we sung around the fire pit. “When words fail, music speaks.” Some of the old hymns of the faith such as “It is Well with my Soul”, “Sweet Hour of Prayer” and others can be like a balm to a weary soul. I’m so thankful that God never changes. 

Today is Emma’s seventh birthday! I can’t even believe that our youngest is seven years old! Emma has a unique birth story, and you can read about it Here . Emma can be a thorn in the side of her brothers, but they all love her dearly. Emma is all things girl...she loves dress up, Barbies, dolls, sweets, sugar, nail polish and makeup! We are so thankful that God allowed Emma to be a part of our family. We are planning on a small birthday dinner. Emma picked out spaghetti, meatballs, salad and bread for her birthday supper, which the boys are also delighted with having for supper! Terri is also planning on coming over for supper, but it’s 5:30pm now., and Roger is still at work as well as Terri. We will see how the evening progresses. Oh well, Emma is happy to have a present to open, and cake and ice cream. She will be fine with however the evening pans out. 

We’ve had a few discouraging moments the last few days (it’s par for the course in 2020!). I know that Roger would especially appreciate your prayers as he navigates through work details, school board details, and also being a husband and father. I’d appreciate your prayers as I try to balance out many things at home, and prepare for the coming school year, but yet give my children the time that they need. Sometimes, the balance feels really off, but I return to promises in God’s Word...He is enough. He gives grace for every moment. He is faithful and true, and He knows exactly how many hours are in a day! (I just need wisdom on how to manage the hours in the day!). 






No comments:

Post a Comment